National Productivity Council of India (NPC), established in the year 1958, is an autonomous organization under Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Besides undertaking research in the area of productivity, NPC has been providing consultancy and training services in areas of Industrial Engineering, Agri-Business, Economic Services, Quality Management, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Technology Management, Energy Management, Environmental Management etc., to the Government and Public & Private sector organizations. NPC is a constituent of the Tokyo-based Asian Productivity Organisation (APO), an Inter-Governmental Body of which the Government of India is a founding member.
National Productivity Council-Kanpur Organized 3 Days On-line Training Course on Compliance, Verification and Reporting of Environment Social Governance (ESG) Standards by Indian Industries & Companies
Responsible investing and ‘environmental, social and governance’ (ESG) is a global trend that has started to gain momentum in India. Unlike in the developed world, ESG investment is still at a nascent stage in the Indian market. Despite the increased ESG-focused conversations and growing interest of various stakeholders towards responsible investing, there are quite a lot of challenges that hinder its overall progress and wide adoption in the developing market like India
Topics to be Covered
- ENVIRONMENT:- Climate & Green House Gas Emissions (GHGs), Energy Management, Water Management, Waste Management, Circular Economy, Hazardous Materials Management, Pesticides & its Management, Packaging Reduction, Logistics Efficiency, Supply Chain Transparency Biodiversity
- SOCIAL: – People Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Health, Safety & Wellbeing,
- Social Responsibility Culture, Ethics & Fair Operating Practices, Human Rights & Modern Slavery, Community Involvement
- GOVERNANCE:- Memberships and Accreditations, Sustainability Purpose, Sustainable Sourcing, Operations, Reporting, SDG Alignment
Training Course Coverage
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are of importance for businesses globally as the legal and regulatory landscape changes and ESG expectations of investors, customers, employees and other stakeholders grow. Now more than ever, investors are incorporating
- ESG criteria into their investment assessments and valuation decisions, and perceive companies with strong sustainability programs one of the indicators of sound and reliable performance going forward.
- In the developed world, both individual as well as institutional investors are very active as far as ESG and responsible investments are concerned. In order to satisfy the demands from investors, asset management companies are frequently factoring in new products.
- The awareness among investors, moreover, has been created by the media, regulatory bodies and various institutions. However, if the same level of awareness has to be created in India, then asset management companies will have to take the lead.
- There is a lack of clarity and understanding among investors and other stakeholders about the ESG terminologies in India.
- There is inconsistency in the ESG ratings due to the differences in data collection, analysis and rating methodology by ESG rating agencies. The lack of reliable and standardised metrics to adequately measure the ESG factors results in discrepancies n comparability of different firms.
- The quality of ESG information needs to be adequate and to the point to avoid information overload and big data problem. The role of ESG in investment markets is a big concern due to the inadequate disclosures and lack of availability of data.
- Climate change and sustainability rightly dominates the current ESG focus. In particular, the financial sector is taking proactive steps to engage financial institutions in preparing and implementing strategies for supporting low-carbon economy and providing sustainable finance. Financial institutions providing project finance are placing greater emphasis on substantive implementation of applicable sustainability frameworks including IFC Performance
- Standards and the Equator Principles. Greater attention is paid to the rights of indigenous peoples and human rights in general, and governance structures are gaining in prominence; sponsors are responding with more detailed identification and mitigation of environmental and social impacts throughout the lifetime of their projects.
Who can Apply?
Eligibility Criteria: – Graduation/Post Graduation in Science Stream, B. Tech. in any branch, Diploma holder in any stream. Students pursuing these degrees in any semester or any year may also apply.
◆ Rs. 944/- per participant
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details.
For registration, please click the link mentioned above in table or copy the link and paste it in the address bar of browser for opening the registration page for the Training Course.
You may also visit NPC’s website www.npcindia.gov.in and go to “On-line Training Announcements” section on the webpage for the link of the Training Course’s registration and detailed information about it. https://bit.ly/3y5UX60
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Event date 1st to 3rd September 2021 Time: – 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
For Additional Information
3 Days On-line Training Course on Compliance, Verification and Reporting of Environment Social Governance (ESG) Standards by Indian Industries & Companies
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
National Productivity Council
5-6 Institutional Area
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
- Five Day Short Term Training Programme Organized by National Productivity Council
- Learn About Compliance, Verification and Reporting of Environment Social Governance (ESG) Standards
- Short Term Training Programme for Graduation/Post Graduation in Science Stream, B. Tech. in any branch, Diploma holder in any stream. Students pursuing these degrees in any semester or any year may also apply.