National Institute of Technology Warangal Online Short-Term Course on “Software Testing Tools” Organized by Department of CSE In association with the Center for Continuing Education
The Centre for Continuing Education of NIT Warangal organizes Continuing Education Programs and Workshops in the frontier areas of Science, Engineering, Technology, Management, Humanities, Social Science and socially relevant themes on self-financing basis in three different modes: (i) At NIT Warangal by NIT Warangal (ii) At NIT Warangal in collaboration with other Organizations (iii) By NIT Warangal Faculty at the Host Organization/Institute
Software Testing is essential because we all commit mistakes. Some of those mistakes are extremely critical. We need to check everything and anything we produce because things can always go wrong – humans make mistakes all the time. As we can observe the mistakes, hence we all need to verify our own work. However, some mistakes come from bad assumptions and blind spots, so we might make the same mistakes when we verify our own work as we made when we did it. Hence, we may not notice the flaws in what we have done. Ideally, we do a manual testing, but as time evolved and new techniques have been discovered, so we have different software testing techniques with their automated tools. This course is to train the participants with such advanced topics
• The objective of the STC is to introduce fundamentals of Software Testing.
• The program would help the participants to understand the key concepts behind Software Testing.
• The program will be more practical than theory.
• The objective of the STC is to demonstrate open source software testing tools and make all participants to use them.
• Several applications and research topics also will be discussed. So that interested participants can use them in their work.
Note: Participants will be provided an ISO image of Oracle Virtual Box 6.1 with all the installed tools. So that during the training session participants can simultaneously perform.
Faculty from NIT Warangal, will deliver lectures and conduct hands on sessions of software testing tools.
Topics to be Covered
This programme will cover the following topics:
◆ Introduction to Software Testing
◆ Black-box and White-box Testing
◆ Static and Dynamic analyses
◆ Bounded Model Checking
◆ Introduction to Assembly Code (LLVM)
◆ Dynamic Symbolic Execution
◆ Dynamic Symbolic Execution with Pruning
◆ Mutation Testing
Who can Apply?
Faculty members, Industrial practitioner, Post-Doctoral Fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students in Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology, who have an aptitude to work in the areas of Software Engineering broadly
◆ Faculty, Post-doctoral fellows , Research Scholars, PG students, UG students Rs. 500 /-
◆ Industry participants Rs. 1000/
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details.
Eligible candidates may apply by filling the following google form with payment proof on or before 15th July, 2021.
On receipt of the google form and fee remittance receipt, participants will be sent confirmation of their participation through email by 15th July, 2021.
As the program is conducted online, the number of participants in the workshop is limited to 100.
Candidates are advised to register early to avoid disappointment.
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Research Areas of Interest, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Last date for registration is 15th July, 2021
- Event date 19th July to 23rd July, 2021
For Additional Information
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
National Institute of Technology Warangal, fathimanagar, Hanamkonda, Telangana 506004
For any query regarding this program, please contact the Coordinators.
Dr. Sangharatna Godboley,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Five Day Short Term Training Programme Organized by National Institute of Technology Warangal
- Learn About Advanced Open Source Software Testing Tools
- Short Term Training Programme for Faculties/ research scholars/ PG students and Industry employees