NISER has been striving to develop itself into an institution of excellence in education and research in consonance with the contemporary and future needs of India through meaningful education, original research of the highest standard and leadership in technological innovation for the industrial growth of the Country. With the path-breaking innovations in both its curriculum and research, the Institute is rapidly gaining a legendary reputation globally.NISER recognizes that modern scientific research is carried out in interstices amongst fuzzy domains and blurred boundaries. This entails encouraging a new scientific culture where members of our community attain to an intellectual agility unconstrained by the limitations of disciplinary conventions from the past. Faculty and Students will be given generous material support in the pursuit to realize this objective. Time and conversational space will be devoted to nascent propositions and hypothesis and the significantly small student-faculty ratio, an eventual full strength of 2000 students and 300 faculty, manifests the Institutes investment and hope in the future.
Experimental High Energy Physics group in the School of Physical Sciences, NISER invites applications from Indian/Foreign citizens for two Research Associate (RA) positions under the project “Indian participation in the ALICE experiment at CERN” funded by DAE and DST, Govt. of India.
- Research Associate: Experimental High Energy Physics
Essential Qualifications: Ph.D degree in Experimental Nuclear/Particle Physics Research Areas: The experimental high energy physics group at NISER is involved in various physics analysis using the data collected by ALICE at LHC-CERN and STAR at RHIC-BNL. Our main interest lies in the study of hadronic resonances production, vector meson polarization, fluctuations, understanding the QCD phase structure and search for QCD critical point and Chiral Magnetic Wave (CMW) effect etc. A research proposal in any of these areas is highly encouraged. However, the candidate can also propose an independent research problem that echo with the group interest. We are also involved in the physics simulation of Forward Calorimeter (FoCal) which is a part of ALICE detector upgrade for Run4. NISER will actively be involved in the FoCal Detector R&D. Based on the group interest, the candidate will be working in any of the following areas:
i) Physics analysis of ALICE or STAR data
ii) Detector R&D and simulations of FoCal
Desirable: Experience in data analysis and/or detector hardware of high energy physics experiments.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
As per existing rules of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India and based on post Ph.D. experience. Research Associate – I: Rs 47,000/- per month; Research Associate – II: Rs 49,000/- per month and Research Associate – III: Rs 54,000/- per month.
How to Apply
Applicants should send in their applications and arrange for the recommendation letters to reach Prof. Bedangadas Mohanty through email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The applications should have the following documents:
- A covering letter that mentions the specific research area outlined above they would like to be considered in.
- A detailed academic CV, list of publications, relevant experience certificate(s), if any, and names of two academic referees.
- A statement of research interests.
- Duly filled-in application form given in page 3-4 of this advertisement, along with copies of all the Educational Certificates.
- Two letters of references.
- The candidate should arrange the letters of reference to reach Prof. Bedangadas Mohanty through email email@example.com within two weeks of the date of application. The candidates who are shortlisted based on their CV, research statement and letters of reference will be interviewed through zoom/ skype/ meet video conferencing before the final selection is made. The positions will be filled immediately.
Application Submission Deadline 31.12.2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar, P.O. Jatni, Khurda 752050, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar
- Research Associate – I: Rs 47,000/- per month; Research Associate – II: Rs 49,000/- per month and Research Associate – III: Rs 54,000/- per month
- Job Opportunity for Nuclear/Particle Physics Research