The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a deemeduniversity fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. Sukoon is a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute ofSocial Sciences, Mumbai. Sukoon provides psycho-social services to litigants approaching courtsettings for matrimonial disputes and conducts primary research in the area of couple and family well-being. Sukoon counseling centers are currently operational in 6 courts in Mumbai.
Walk -in Interview for the position of 21 Social Workers in the Special Cell for Women, State of Assam, established with/in Assam Police, by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai & Assam Government with
support from JHPIEGO, India
No. of positions –21 Social Workers at Special Cells for Women – 1 position at Kamrup Metro, 2 positions each at Kamrup Rural, Cachar, Sonitpur, Dibrugarh, Nagaon, Barpeta, Dhubri, Sivsagar, Kokrajhar, Karbi Anglong in Assam State
A total of 21 Social Workers are required for full-time work at 11 Special Cells for Women in the following districts:
1 Social Worker at Kamrup Metro
2 Social Workers each at Kamrup rural, Cachar, Sonitpur, Dibrugarh, Nagaon, Barpeta, Dhubri, Sivsagar, Kokrajhar, Karbi Anglong.
TISS hereby issues this advertisement for the 21 positions of social workers, as authorised by Govt. of Assam & JHPIEGO, India for the selection of suitable candidates for the same.
- Social worker (Full Time)
- The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW) from Central/Deemed/State-Recognized University. The candidates based in Assam, possessing Master’s degree in other social sciences such as Women Studies, Psychology, Sociology, may also be considered at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Candidates with 2 years’ relevant work experience on the issue of gender-based violence, specifically in direct casework and/or intervention work on women’s issues at the grass-root level will be given preference.
- Candidate must demonstrate willingness to travel across the allotted district, and within Assam and occasionally to other States as per programme requirements detailed in section on job description above.
- Verbal and written fluency in local languages/dialects as spoken in the specific district is essential, and working knowledge of English and comfort with the use of computers & internet is also necessary.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Monthly Remuneration Salary INR 28,000/- per month
How to Apply
Advertisement for the position is available at the following link: https://tiss.edu/project-positions/ on the website: www.tiss.edu
Please see the following link for further directions to the venue:
We will be arranging a pick-up between 9:00a.m. to 10:30a.m. from Jalukbari bus stop to the campus to facilitate connectivity to the campus.
Interested and eligible candidates may either arrive at the venue directly or avail of the pick-up facility from Jalukbari bus stop on any one of the following dates and register.
Dates of walk-in interview: 9th of December 2021 (Thursday) or 10th of December 2021 (Friday) Registration time: 9:30a.m.-11:00a.m.
This venue is subject to change in case of unforeseen circumstances; kindly check this link/website for any changes on dates closer to the selection (i.e. up to 7th of December 2021).
Please carry a print copy of your CV and original & copy of your MA/MSW degree certificates and experience certificates with you. Kindly note that travel or accommodation related with interview attendance will not be reimbursed.
For further questions and clarifications, please email us at: email@example.com
Walk-in interview: 9th of December 2021 (Thursday)
Job Location 🇮🇳
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai, 400088, Maharastra
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Monthly Remuneration: Rs 28,000 per month
- Job Opportunity for Women Studies, Psychology, Sociology