The history of Jamia Hamdard begins with the establishment of a small Unani clinic in the year 1906 by Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed, one of the well-known practitioners of Unani System of Medicine of his time. Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed had a vision of making the practice of Unani Medicine into a scientific discipline so that Unani medicines could be dispensed in a more efficacious manner to patients. He gave the name “Hamdard” to his venture which means “sympathy for all and sharing of pain”. His illustrious son, Hakeem Abdul Hameed, carried forward the philosophy and objectives of Hamdard in independent India. Even at the time of partition of India in 1947, Hakeem Abdul Hameed was dreaming of setting up a complex of educational institutions which would concentrate on highlighting the contribution of Islam and Islamic culture to Indian civilization and development of Unani medicines for curing diseases.
Jamia Hamdard (JH) is a deemed to be University, declared by the Government of India, Ministry of Education vide Gazette Notification dated 10th May, 1989. It is a research oriented organization and ranked in the top 50 Universities in India and No. 2 in Pharmacy category in NIRF-2023. Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the filling up of one position of University Librarian in the Central Library of Jamia Hamdard on Regular/Deputation/Contractual basis as detailed below. The last date for the submission of applications is February 20, 2024.
- Librarian 01 (Mode of Appointment: Direct/Deputation /Contractual)
Detailed Qualifications and other Requirements for the post of University Librarian:
1. A Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
2. At least ten (10) years as a Librarian at any level in University Library or ten years of teaching as Assistant/Associate Professor in Library Science or ten years’ experience as a College Librarian.
3. Evidence of innovative library services, including the integration of ICT in a library of a higher educational institution.
4. A Ph.D. degree in library science/information science/documentation/archives and manuscript keeping. Age: Preferably below 55 years Retirement Age: 62 years. Desirable: 1. Knowledge of Urdu/Persian/Arabic language.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Pay Level14 (Rs. 1,44,200 -Rs. 2,18,200/)- of the 7th Pay Commission in case of regular appointment. 1. Total emoluments at the minimum of the pay scale including HRA, DA, TA shall be Rs. 2,59,978/- per month. 2. Emoluments in case of appointment on contract basis shall be as per Jamia Hamdard norms.
How to Apply
The applications for the position may reach the office of the Assistant Registrar (Establishment), Establishment Section, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi – 110 062 on or before 20th February, 2024 through speed post/registered post/courier/By hand, superscribing on the top of the envelope, the “Applied For the post of University Librarian”. Candidates are advised to visit the website of Jamia Hamdard on regular basis (www.Jamiahamdard.edu) for updates, amendments, corrigendum (if any), will be placed on the Jamia Hamdard website only.
The last date for sending the application is 20th February, 2024.
Job Location 🇮🇳
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Jamia Hamdard
- Monthly Salary Pay Level14 (Rs. 1,44,200 -Rs. 2,18,200/)- of the 7th Pay Commission in case of regular appointment
- Job Opportunity in A Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science with at least 55% marks
🔖 Post Expires on 20th February, 2024