The National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), an autonomous organisation under the Union Ministry of Rural Development, is a premier national centre of excellence in rural development and Panchayati Raj. Recognized internationally as one of the UN-ESCAP Centres of Excellence, it builds capacities of rural development functionaries, elected representatives of PRIs, bankers, NGOs and other stakeholders through inter-related activities of training, research and consultancy. The Institute is located in the historic city of Hyderabad in Telangana state. The NIRD&PR celebrated its Golden Jubilee Year of establishment in 2008. In addition to the main campus at Hyderabad, this Institute has North-Eastern Regional Centre at Guwahati, Assam to meet the NE-regional needs.
- NIRDPR is the Country’s apex organization for undertaking training research and
action research and consultancy in all aspects of rural development.
- NIRDPR invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Project
Officer (GIS), at Ministry of Rural Development, New Delhi. The requirement for the positon viz. qualifications, experience, age, remuneration etc. is as follows:
- Project Officer (GIS)
Qualification: M.Tech/M.E/M.Sc in Geographic Information Science/Technology/Remote Sensing & GIS/Geo-Spatial Technology/Geo-Informatics/ Geo-Spatial Science/Surveying and Geo-Informatics/
BE/B.tech with PG Diploma in Geographic Information Science/ Remote Sensing from recognized University/ Institute
MCA with PG Diploma in Geographic Information Science/ Remote sensing from recognized University/ Institute
Post Graduate in Science/ Agricultural Science from Recognized University/ Institute
Post Graduate in Science/ Agricultural Science with PG Diploma in Geographic Information Science/ Remote Sensing from recognized University/ Institute.
Work Experience: Work Experience of at least 10 years in GIS Projects in reputed government funded organizations like NIRD&PR, NRSC, SRSAC etc. or similar reputed organizations working on GIS based projects.
Knowledge on Data Processing/ analyzing and development of Geospatial data
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
Consolidated remuneration: Rs. 1, 50,000/-
How to Apply
The candidates should apply through online registration available on the
website http://career.nirdpr.in/ Apply Online
- This project assignment is purely on contractual basis and does not envisage any kind of regular appointment in NIRD&PR in future
- The Institute has a right to shortlist the candidates as may be necessary Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification
- No correspondence or telephonic enquiry will be entertained as regards shortlisting, calling for interview, selection or engagement
- The Institute reserves the right to relax any of the requirements i.e. age, educational qualification, experience etc. in exceptional cases
- The Institute reserves the right to fill up or cancel these advertised posts.
- The selection will be at NIRDPR, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- The candidates should apply through online registration available on the website http://career.nirdpr.in/
- The last date for submitting applications online is 12.10.2021 till 5.30 pm.
- Applications received after the due date and time will not be considered.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed about the date, time and venue of the Interview.
- The written test/ interview will be conducted online or offline depending upon the COVID pandemic situation.
Application Submission Deadline 12.10.2021 till 05:30p.m.
Job Location 🇮🇳
National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Rajendranagar mandal, Hyderabad, Telangana 500030
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj
- Monthly Salary Rs.1,50,000/-
- Job Opportunity for Geographic Information Science/Technology/Remote Sensing & GIS/Geo-Spatial Technology/Geo-Informatics/ Geo-Spatial Science/Surveying and Geo-Informatics/