The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. In 1944, it was renamed as the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. The year 1964 was an important landmark in the history of the Institute, when it was declared Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.Since its inception, the Vision of the TISS has been to be an institution of excellence in higher education that continually responds to changing social realities through the development and application of knowledge, towards creating a people-centred, ecologically sustainable and just society that promotes and protects dignity, equality, social justice and human rights for all.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) iCALL is inviting applications for the post of ‘Research Assistant’ to assist with the same.
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline; a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, provides counselling, support, information and referral to individuals in emotional and psychological distress, over the telephone, email and chat. The helpline currently runs six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 8 AM to 10 PM. Apart from service provision, iCALL engages in various research, capacity building and outreach efforts independently and in partnership with State Governments and NGOs across the country. iCALL in partnership with United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in engaged in a capacity building initiative to help the Government of Madhya Pradesh in strengthening the integrated counselling centres in all of its 51 districts since 2016. This is a research-based intervention project that has developed an innovative e-learning platform – Samvaad – to build capacities of counsellors spread across the entire state of Madhya Pradesh. The project involves conducting a research study to understand the training needs of counsellors, writing reports, developing training modules and training the counsellors through online formats and contact classes and assessing the impact of the training. In the second phase of the project, it has been expanded to other Hindi speaking states in India, i.e., Rajasthan.
- Research Assistant
The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator at iCALL, and shall assist with the following:
● Constructing the quantitative and qualitative tools and formats for undertaking data collection
● Travelling across various states in India and collecting primary data as and when required, after the pandemic
● Transcribing and documenting the data
● Analysing the data to help determine the training needs of counsellors
Designing the content of a training curriculum as well as helping with
conduction of the training
● Conducting trainings online as well as through contact classes in Mumbai, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
● Writing monthly and weekly reports for periodic evaluation of the project
● Writing the reports for the project to be submitted to the UNFPA
● Helping with the organisation of a dissemination of the findings of the project in India
● Managing administrative processes within TISS for implementation of the project.
Desirous Candidates must:
● Have a postgraduate degree in mental health/ psychology/ social work/ public health from a recognized university
● Have experience of working in the area of adolescent wellbeing and mental health
● Have at least two years of experience as a researcher working with primary data.
● Be extremely fluent with reading and writing in Hindi as well as English
The position is for a period of one year, and will be extended depending on performance. Please note that this is a full-time position based out of
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
The candidate will be offered a salary of 30000 per month. Candidates must be able to join immediately
How to Apply
Desirous candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 12th September 2021 with a subject line ‘Application for the post of Full- Time Research Assistant’. Late applications shall not be entertained.
Application Submission Deadline 12th September 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), VN Purav Marg, Deonar, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088
For Additional Information
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) invited Applications from eligible candidates for the following post of Research Assistant Recruitment
- Government Job Opportunity in Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
- Monthly Salary Rs.30,000
- Research Assistant Job Opportunity for Mental health/ psychology/ social work/ public health