The Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-A) was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology (IT) and allied areas. The institute was conferred the “Deemed University” status by the Government of India in the year 2000. It was declared as an “Institute of National Importance” by the Act of the Parliament, Govt. of India in 2014. The Institute has been conceived with the objective of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in IT and areas of allied research. As an apex institute in the area of IT, IIIT-A has been contributing towards strengthening the indigenous capability necessary for exploiting profitably and harnessing multi-dimensional facets of IT and allied areas at all levels, and attaining expertise to enable the country to emerge as a leading player in the global arena.
The aim of this Workshop is to update the knowledge of the participants towards Optical Network and Photonics principles. This workshop will also introduce the participants to the current practices in the field and will help in developing the research aptitude in this area. Broadly, we will cover the Optical Networks, Optical Time Division Multiplexing (OTDM), Protection and Restoration in Optical Networks, Elastic Optical Networks, Machine Learning for Optical Networks, Photonic Crystal Fibers (PCF) and Plasmonic behaviour of PCF. Lectures and Demonstration Sessions would help to understand it in a better way. The target audience will be UG/PG/Research students, Faculty of Engineering Colleges, and Personnel from Industries.
Topics to be Covered
- Introduction to Optical Networks and Routing Techniques
- Modulation/Demodulation Techniques In Optical Networks
- Optimal Time Division Multeplexing(OTDM)
- Optical Switching and Buffering
- Congestion Control and Quality of Service
- WDM/Single And Multi Hop Networks
- Protection and Restoration in Optical Networks
- Deep learning for Design of Photonic Structure
- Photonic Crystal Fibres(PCF) and Plasmonics
Who can Apply?
Students pursuing B.Sc./B.Tech./M. Sc./M. Tech. in any branch of Life Science and Chemistry and young teachers/researchers from allied area.
UG Students of IIITA : No Charges
M.Tech/PhD Students of IIITA : Rs. 500
UG Students (External) : Rs. 236*
PG Students (External) : Rs. 590*
Faculty (External) : Rs. 1180*
Industry Personnel : Rs. 2360*
Note: *Including GST for the external candidates.
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details. https://ppon.iiita.ac.in/
The interested candidates are required to register before 15th Nov 2021 after paying the relevant Registration fee online using the above information. Later on, please fill the relevant information in the registration form and submit it online. Participation certificate would be provided to all the registered candidates.
* In case you need any other details or clarification, please contact Dr.Rajat Kumar Singh, Associate Professor, ECE Department, IIIT Allahabad, Prayagraj+ 0532-292-2104, +91-9455484578
* Further details will be communicated to the registered participants through mail.
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Bank Transaction detail, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Last date for registration is 15th Nov 2021
- Event date Nov 19-21, 2021
For Additional Information
Self Financed Course-cum Workshop on Photonics Principles and Optical Networks (PPON-2021) Nov 19-21, 2021 is going to be organized by the Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-Allahabad)
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, Devghat, Jhalwa, Prayagraj-211015, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. INDIA
- Self Financed Course-cum Workshop Organized by Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
- Learn About Advanced Nanoinformatics for Biomedical Applications
- Self Financed Course-cum Workshop for Students pursuing B.Sc./B.Tech./M. Sc./M. Tech. in any branch of Life Science and Chemistry and young teachers/researchers