The National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR) Chennai was established as an autonomous Institute by the Ministry of Education, Government of India in the year 1964 to improve the quality of Engineering Education system in India and in the Southern Region in particular. Within this mandate, the institute takes initiatives to offer need based Human Resource Development programmes through appropriate modes and develop curricula and instructional resources. It also fosters research in the inter disciplinary area of Engineering Education and offers consultancy and extension services for the total development of Engineering Colleges, Polytechnic Colleges, Vocational institutions, Industry, Service sector and the Community at large.
NITTTR Chennai has a rich experience in conducting Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs) on various areas of Engineering specialization and Engineering Pedagogical programmes. The AICTE, NBA and NAAC have recognized all the short-term training programmes conducted by NITTTR for consideration for the purpose of Institutional development, Departmental growth and movement to higher grades under the Career Advancement Scheme of the faculty members.
Faculty Development Programmes at NITTTR Chennai and Extension Centres
|Code||Programme Name||Coordinator||Duration||Target Audience||Application Form|
|FDP-11||PHP and MYSQL||Dr. V. Shanmuganeethi||07-06-2021 to 11-06-2021||Faculty members of CSC/IT from Engineering Colleges and Polytechnic Colleges||Application|
|FDP-12||Implementation of OBE and Online Teaching||Dr. U.S. Sahu||07-06-2021 to 11-06-2021||All Teachers||Application|
|FDP-13||Industrial Automation-A Practical Oriented Programme on Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Sensorics & PLCs||Shri. V A Shamsudeen||07-06-2021 to 11-06-2021||Faculty members of Mechanical, Automobile, Electrical, Instrumentation Engg Disciplines||Application|
|FDP-14||Student Psychology||Dr. S. Renukadevi||14-06-2021 to 18-06-2021||Teachers of all disciplines in Technical Institutions||Application|
|FDP-15||Industrial Automation Using PLC, Pneumatics and Robotics||Dr. G. A. Rathy||14-06-2021 to 18-06-2021||Faculty members of Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation and Mechanical disciplines||Application|
|FDP-16||Advances in Materials & Manufacturing||Dr. S. Somasundaram||14-06-2021 to 18-06-2021||Teachers of Mechanical Engineering/ Automobile/Production/Metallurgy||Application|
|FDP-17||Free and Open Source Software in Civil Engineering||Dr. K.S.A. Dinesh Kumar||14-06-2021 to 18-06-2021||All Teachers||Application|
|FDP-18||NBA Accreditation Process for UG and PG Programs||Dr. E.S.M. Suresh||21-06-2021 to 25-06-2021||Senior Faculty members of all disciplines||Application|
|FDP-19||Outcome Based Education||Dr. K.S. Giridharan||21-06-2021 to 25-06-2021||Faculty members of Polytechnic and Engineering colleges||Application|
|FDP-20||Non-Traditional Machining||Dr. S. Somasundaram||21-06-2021 to 25-06-2021||Teachers of Mechanical Engineering/ Automobile/Production/Metallurgy||Application|
|FDP-21||Embedded Systems using 8051 Micro Controller||Dr. P. Sivasankar||21-06-2021 to 25-06-2021||Faculty members of Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science and Instrumentation disciplines||Application|
|FDP-22||Implementation of OBE and Online Teaching||Dr. U.S. Sahu||21-06-2021 to 25-06-2021||All Teachers||Application|
|FDP-23||AutoCAD-A Practical Oriented Programme||Shri. V A Shamsudeen||21-06-2021 to 25-06-2021||Faculty members of Mechanical, Polymer, Automobile Engg Disciplines||Application|
|FDP-24||Instructional Design for Online Learning||Shri. A.P.Felix Arokiya Raj||28-06-2021 to 02-07-2021||All Teachers||Application|
|FDP-25||Repairs and Renovations of Structures||Dr. K.S.A. Dinesh Kumar||28-06-2021 to 02-07-2021||All Teachers||Application|
|FDP-26||Renewable Energy Sources||Er. M. Senthil Kumar||28-06-2021 to 02-07-2021||All Teachers||Application|
|FDP-27||Soft Skills||Dr. K.S. Giridharan||28-06-2021 to 02-07-2021||Faculty members of both Polytechnic and Engineering colleges||Application|
- Webinars are open for both Engineering and Polytechnic College Teachers, unless specified.
- There is no fee for attending the Webinars.
- The webinar coordinator will inform well in advance the webinar platform.The online Registration form will be available in the following webinar calendar. Attendance is compulsory to receive the certificate.
|Webinar Code||Title of the Webinar||Coordinator||Date & Duration||Target Audience||Application Form|
|WOM-07||Urban Environmental Management||Dr. G. Janardharan||12.06.2021 & 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.||All faculty members of Technical Institutions||Click to Apply|
|WOM-08||Student Centred Learning (SCL)||Dr. Umashanker Sahu||15.06.2021 & 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 Noon||All Teachers, Academicians, Research Scholars and Academic Administrators||Click to Apply|
|WOM-09||Environmental Impact Assessment||Dr. G. Janardharan||19.06.2021 & 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 Noon||All faculty members of Technical Institutions||Click to Apply|
|WOM-10||Yoga Mudras||Dr. S. Renukadevi||21.06.2021 & 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 Noon||Indian and Overseas Technical Teachers and Administrators||Click to Apply|
- Modular courses are open for both Engineering and Polytechnic College Teachers, unless specified.
- All are National level FDPs.The Government and Govt. Aided College teachers shall follow their exiting norms for deputation to attend the above said Online Modular courses.
- There is no course fee to attend the Modular courses.
- The schedule will be provided by the coordinator. The resource materials will be available in the LMS of NITTTR Chennai. The coordinator will inform well in advance the meeting platform and tools required to undergo the Modular courses.
- The online application form will be available in the below table. Attendance is compulsory on all the days of the course. Deputation order / Permission letter issued by the respective competent authority of the participant is mandatory for attending the Modular courses and for the issue of the certificate.Course Feedback link also will be provided by the / Coordinator to give the feedback.
- NITTTR will issue a Certificate to only the participants who have submitted their deputation order / permission letter and attended the programme completely. The participants need to secure minimum marks in the final online evaluation.
|Course Code||Title of the Modular Course||Coordinator||Duration||Week Days||Target Audience||Application Form|
|FDMPOM-03||E-Content Development and learning Management Systems||Dr. P. Malliga||14.06.2021 to 30.06.2021||Monday, Wednesday & Friday @ 3.00 p.m.-4.00 p.m.||All faculty members of Technical Institutions||Click to Apply|
|FDMPOM-04||Empowering Research and Statistical Analysis||Dr. R. Rajendran||03.08.2021 to 31.08.2021||Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 12.00 Noon to 1.00 pm||All faculty members of Technical Institutions & Research Scholars||Click to Apply|
Registration Fee ₹
No Registration Fees
Address For Communication
Dr. G. Janardhanan
Associate Professor,Department of Civil and Environmental Management
Head i.c, Cenre for Curriculum Development, Planning and Coordination
Mobile:+91-9884462971 (9 AM to 6 PM)
How to Apply
Interested participants fulfilling the above criteria may submit their Register applications in the prescribed format along with the details. Kindly Register using the link given below
National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research, Chennai, CSIR Road, Taramani, near TIDEL Park, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600113, INDIA
For Additional Information
- Online Free FDP, Webinar by National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research
- Monthly Salary Rs.35,000 to Rs.85,000
- Job Opportunity for Engineering in Computers/ Computer Science/ Computer Technology/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Communication