National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Tiruchirappalli or NIT Trichy) is a national research university near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu, India. It was founded as Regional Engineering College Tiruchirappalli in 1964 by the Governments of India and Tamil Nadu under the affiliation of the University of Madras. The college was granted Deemed University status in 2003 with the approval of the University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical Education and Government of India and renamed as National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli. National Institute of Technology Trichy is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India. Today, NITT is an autonomous co-educational technological institute, with 10 undergraduate and 28 graduate programs. Undergraduate programs lead to the B.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the SERB-DST, GOI project titled “Experimental investigations on conventional and innovative piles for offshore wind turbines (OWT) foundation system subjected to long-term cyclic loading” in the Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Experimental investigations on conventional and innovative piles for offshore wind turbines (OWT) foundation system subjected to long-term cyclic loading
B.E/B.Tech. in Civil Engineering with M.E/M.Tech. in Geotechnical Engineering and related field. Minimum 60% or 6.5 CGPA in UG and PG from a recognized University/ Institute. Candidates with qualified GATE score (within 5 years) is mandatory. Selected candidate is encouraged to register for the Ph.D. (July-2022 session) at NIT Tiruchirappalli.
- Purchase of equipment and components for the project.
- Perform experimental investigations on the instrumented model piles
subjected to static & cyclic loading using Actuator and validating the
results with any FEM software or PLAXIS 3D.
- Data collection, analysis and documentation of results.
- Drafting original manuscript and progress report yearly
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
Rs. 31000 +16% HRA per month for 1st and 2nd Year
Rs. 35,000 +16% HRA per month for the 3rd Year
How to Apply
▪ Eligible candidates may send the scanned copy of their duly filled applications (only in the prescribed format given below) along with the relevant supporting documents (all merged as one PDF including application) by an email to email@example.com with the subject marked as “JRF Application-SERB-DST-PROJECT”.
▪ Preference will be given to the candidate who is having good academic record, research potential, relevant experience on the given topic. However, the selection of the candidate would be based on their performance in the interview.
▪ The shortlisted candidates would be uploaded on the NIT website. Please keep checking regularly.
▪ No T.A/D.A. will be paid for attending the interview.
▪ The selection committee decision is the final. If any applicant is found to canvass in any manner, the candidate selection shall be summarily rejected.
▪ The last date for receipt of applications is 15.05.2022
Last date for Application Submission is 15.05.2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, Tanjore Main Road, NH67, near BHEL, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620015
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Rs. 31000 +16% HRA per month to Rs. 35,000 +16% HRA per month
- Job Opportunity for B.E/B.Tech. in Civil Engineering with M.E/M.Tech. in Geotechnical Engineering