The Institute of Advanced Virology established in 2019 in the Bio 360 Life Sciences Park, Thonnakkal, Trivandrum by the Government of Kerala is envisioned as an institute of global standards networking Global Virology Institutes with most modern laboratories focusing research, diagnosis and management of emerging and re-emerging infectious viral diseases. It will be a centre of excellence to work in collaboration with international institutions for training and education in the context of research covering basic science and translational research, providing sufficient scientific inputs to enable the prevention and control of viral infections. The Institute shall have all infrastructure and human resources required to carry out high end research needed to study the virus and viral infections in a multifarious approach. The Institute will strengthen epidemic preparedness, rapid response and risk communication to the public apart from the high-end research in the area of basic as well as translational virology.
Institute of Advanced Virology is an institution under Department of Science & Technology, Government of Kerala with a focus on cutting-edge research initiatives in virology. It has initiated flagship research and diagnostic programs in the key areas of molecular diagnosis, treatment and prevention to address the pressing need to enhance the indigenous capacity to combat emerging viral diseases. Institute seeks support from highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates for its flagship programs focusing on medically important viruses of human or animal origin
- Technical Officer-Molecular Diagnostic Support
- Technical Officer- Laboratory &Project Management
- Technical Assistant- Core Facility Support
Position: Technical Officer-Molecular Diagnostic Support
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Medical Microbiology.
- A cumulative work experience of minimum five years in a reputed State or Central Government / research centre/laboratory/ hospital.(Duration spent as part of any academic programme, including any degree/diploma, will not be considered as work experience).
- Experience in working in a BSL-2 facility, handling medically important viruses
- Hands on experience in molecular viral diagnosis and virology research, including
expertise in techniques such as PCR, Real Time PCR and other diagnostic /molecular biology techniques involving human biological samples and infected materials.
- Hands on experience in viral nucleic acid isolation from human samples
- Experience in automated DNA sequencing and sequence analysis
- Experience in diagnostic laboratory maintenance, record keeping, data entry and
analysis and reporting
Position:Technical Officer- Laboratory &Project Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Medical Microbiology or
- Cumulative work experience of minimum five years in State/Central Government institutions and research laboratories (Duration spent as part of any academic programme, including any degree/diploma, will not be considered as work experience).
- Hands on experience in various molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid
extraction and electrophoresis techniques, ELISA and blotting techniques; and others
- Experience in organizing research trainings; and demonstration of laboratory
experiments; monitoring trainees and students; and overall laboratory management
- Experience in preparing specifications for research equipment, consumables ;
indenting, and purchases as per state/central government norms and maintenance of files and registers
- Experience in managing research projects; preparation of project reports; expenditure statements and related administrative procedures.
Position:Technical Assistant- Core Facility Support
- A Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Life sciences
- Cumulative work experience of minimum three years in State/Central Government institutions and research laboratories( Duration spent as part of any academic programme including any degree/diploma will not be considered as work experience).
- Hands on experience with technical proficiency in operating any of the high end
equipment such as automated DNA sequencer/ Next Generation sequencing systems/ Advanced research microscopy/ FACS/Microarray/Proteomics ; and expertise in use of relevant software and preliminary data analysis.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Technical Officer-Molecular Diagnostic Support Salary : Rs. 26,500 – 56,700/-
- Technical Officer- Laboratory &Project Management Salary : Rs. 26,500 – 56,700/-
- Technical Assistant- Core Facility Support Salary : Rs.20, 000-45,800/-
How to Apply
Application form, duly filled with all details and signed; and with relevant documents must be sent by post to the Director, Institute of Advanced Virology, Thonnakkal, Thiruvananthapuram-695317 so as to reach the office on or before the last date ( 22 December, 2021; 5.00 P.M).
Last date of submission of application – 22 December, 2021; 5.00 p.m.
Application Submission Deadline 22 December, 2021; 5.00 p.m
Job Location 🇮🇳
Institute of Advanced Virology, Bio 360 Life Sciences Park, Thonnakkal,Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695 317
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Institute of Advanced Virologysation
- Monthly Salary Rs.20,000 to Rs.56,700
- Job Opportunity for Medical Laboratory Technology /Medical Microbiology / Life sciences