The Indian Maritime University is headquartered at Chennai and the new HQ building is built at 300 acres land allotted to IMU at Semmancherry which lies between East Coast Road and Old Mahabalipuram Road (Rajiv Gandhi Salai). The IMU has its regional campuses at Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam and Cochin. IMU presently offers Diploma, Degree, Postgraduate Diploma and Post Graduate Degree courses in Nautical Science, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Ship Building & Repair, Maritime Management, Doctoral Programmes and Post Sea Courses.
Indian Maritime University Application invited from the eligible candidates for the Post of Legal Consultant (on contract Basis) for the following vacancies
- Legal Consultant (on contract Basis)
Eligibility criteria, last date of application for the post and other
can be obtained from www.imu.edu.in.
(i) Bachelor’s Degree in Law or equivalent from a recognized
(ii) Minimum 10 Years of Experience in handling court cases related to
Govt. /Corporate organizations.
(i) Experience in dealing with Govt. Cases.
(ii) A retired Govt. Servant having experience in handling Court cases
related to Establishment / Academic / Administration / vigilance
/procurement/disciplinary proceedings, in addition to other matters.
(iii) Retired government officer of Indian Legal Service (ILS).
(iv)Sound knowledge of drafting legal documents.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Legal Consultant (on contract Basis) Consolidated Pay Rs.75, 000 – 1, 00,000/- per month (Selection committee may be authorized to fix the pay commensurate with experience and qualification). No other allowances will be admissible. If Consultant is required to travel for appearing before the Tribunals/Courts, to the places other than Chennai, TA/DA will be paid.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted in ONLINE mode only through IMU Website. No other mode of application will be accepted. The Last date of submitting online application is 03-01-2022. The date of Interview will be announced on IMU Website. Also the candidates will be informed the same through Email communication.
Application Submission Deadline 03-01-2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road Semmencherry Chennai – 600119, Tamilnadu
For Additional Information
Indian Maritime University Recruitment Rules and other conditions for engagement of Legal Consultant (on contract Basis)
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Maritime University
- Monthly Salary Rs.75, 000 – 1, 00,000/- per month
- Job Opportunity for Bachelor’s Degree in Law