IIT Gandhinagar offers a unique undergraduate and graduate education experience in India with unmatched innovations in curriculum. We take pride in our student-centric philosophy resulting in a safe, nurturing, and empowering environment for students. The institute promotes critical thinking and an appreciation of the interdisciplinary character of knowledge, with an emphasis on the liberal arts, project oriented learning, compulsory courses in design and the life sciences, diversity and globalization. IIT Gandhinagar was founded in 2008 and is located in Palaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat on the banks of river Sabarmati. IITGN is rated India’s first 5-star GRIHA LD (Green) campus for minimizing the negative impact on the environment. The campus has been declared India’s first 5-star campus for ensuring food safety and promoting healthy eating.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar invites applications for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow in the research group headed by Dr. Hari S. Ganesh (https://iitgn.ac.in/faculty/chemical/fac-hari). The title of the project is “Multiparametric Scenario-Based Stochastic Model Predictive Control Development and Application to Smart Buildings”.
- Postdoctoral Fellow
The candidate is expected to develop and/or apply an advanced model predictive control technique (MPC) to a smart building system and compare the control performance against conventional MPC. To accomplish the task, the candidate is expected to have knowledge of control theory, optimization, and numerical methods. Knowledge of MPC, optimal control, adaptive control, and moving horizon estimation is desirable. Moreover, computer programming skills in either MATLAB or Python is required. Independent work, good writing skills, and excellent communication skills are desired in addition to the aforementioned technical skills.
Title of the Project
Multiparametric Scenario-Based Stochastic Model Predictive Control Development and Application to Smart Buildings
PhD (graduated or submitted thesis) in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, and related fields.
Duration: 1 year (extendable for 1 more year based on performance and/or funding availability).
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Remuneration Rs. 50,000 + Rs. 10,000 HRA per month.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Postdoc_HSG_IITGN_2021”. The documents must be combined into a single pdf and emailed as an attachment.
- Resume containing details such as date of birth, educational qualifications including CGPA/percentage marks, list of publications, experience, and contact details such as email address and phone number.
- A one-page summary of past research.
- A one-page write up about the motivation to take up the postdoc position and future career goals.
- Transcripts of course work starting from undergraduate education.
- Two letters of recommendations emailed directly by the referees to the above email id.
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online. The last date for receiving applications is August 30, 2021.
Application Submission Deadline August 30, 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, Palaj, Gujarat 382355
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Monthly Salary Rs. 50,000 + Rs. 10,000 HRA per month
- Job Opportunity for Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science