The Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) was established in 1943 by a group of eminent intellectuals led by Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru and Dr. H.N. Kunzru. Its principal objective was to create an Indian perspective on international relations and act as a repository of knowledge and thinking on foreign policy issues. The Council today conducts policy research through an in-house faculty as well as through external experts. It regularly organizes an array of intellectual activities including conferences, seminars, roundtable discussions, lectures and brings out a range of publications. It has a well stocked library, an active website, and publishes the journal ‘India Quarterly’.
Indian Council of World Affairs invites Applications for the position of Publication Consultant on a contract basis:
- Publication Consultant
Education and Skills Required
- A Master‘s Degree in Social Science/English/ Media & Communications.
- Excellent editing, copy editing, proofreading, verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in publishing work at institutions of repute. It would be an asset if the applicant has knowledge/interest in foreign affairs/foreign policy.
- Manage the Publications Programme of ICWA.
- Liaise with authors, reviewers, and publishers for book publications.
- Ensure the content of the manuscripts sent for publication are copyedited and the rules of writing in terms of structure coherence, typography, and word consistency are followed.
- Follow up post-publication for publicity in terms of distribution, book launches, discussions, and coordinating with media and academic journals for writing reviews.
- Assist in ICWA’s social media-related work.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- As Per norms
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply along with detailed bio-data in sealed covers to Deputy Director General, which must be received by 08 October 2021 in Sapru House, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi. Intimation of application may be emailed to ddgoffice[at]icwa[dot]in with a copy to gbgc[at]icwa[dot]in and
The ICWA reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason. The decision of the ICWA regarding the selection of applicants for interview and/or appointment shall be final.
Application Submission Deadline 08 October 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Council of World Affairs – Sapru House, Barakhamba Road, Todermal Road Area, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Council of World Affairs
- Candidate with Excellent editing, copy editing, proofreading, verbal and written communications skills.
- Job Opportunity for Degree in Social Science/English/ Media & Communications