The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (www.tiss.edu), established in the year 1936 is a Deemed to be University, fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Govt of India.
TISS is a Grade I University with NAAC score of 3.89/4 and NIRF 2021 rank of 37 among Indian Universities and 70 overall. With campuses at Mumbai (Main) and off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad, TISS offers over 50 Post Graduate programmes, 18 Doctoral programmes, 3 Under Graduate programmes in social science disciplines, and over 30 Under Graduate programs in vocational education (B.Voc. programmes).
Freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and culture of the Institute and facilitate strong linkages between teaching, research, field action and policy engagement.
The Institute encourages and supports researchers to engage in foundational, applied, field and action-oriented research, and nurtures research collaborations nationally and internationally, with a commitment to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action initiatives.
For more details visit our website www.tiss.edu
Call for Applications for the Post of ‘Assistant Manager/Manager- Information Technology (IT)’ (One Post) on Contract Basis at TISS- School of Vocational Education, Mumbai
Applications are invited for one post of ‘Assistant Manager/Manager- Information Technology (IT)’ to be filled on contract basis for a period of two year initially and extendable based on performance of the employee and requirements of the Institute.
- Assistant Manager/Manager- Information Technology (IT)
- Manager- Alumni Connect and Promotion
- Requirements Gathering and High Level Solution Design – understand the user’s
business requirements and suggest possible IT solutions to handle the same
- Project Management – Lead and co-ordinate development of the required application functionality from the software vendors
- Production Support – Ensure that the core applications of SVE are functioning appropriately.
In case of any issues, trouble shoot the same and coordinate with vendors or TISS internal teams to resolve the issues or suggest workarounds if any.
- Design and maintain all IT processes within the IT team.
- Develop and Maintenance of In-house Applications in PHP
Essential Qualification & Experience.
(a) Minimum 2 years Post Graduate in Information Technology (IT) or Computer Application
(b) 7 to 10 years out of which minimum three to five years’ domain experience in IT
Department of University/ Educational Institution.
(c) IT Vendor management
(d) Proven Project Management Experience
(e) Good Web Application Development Experience
(g) Experience on Ajax, CodeIgniter framework & WordPress will be a plus
(h) Experience with LAMP stack, Linux command line
(i) Experience in managing hosted environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
(j) Good knowledge on source version control and deployment using git & bitbucket
(k) Excellent written and verbal communication
(l) Excellent Presentation skills
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Assistant Manager/Manager- Information Technology (IT) Monthly Remuneration. Consolidated INR 50,000 to 70,000 per month (Commensurate with educational qualification and work experience)
How to Apply
(a) Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided along with this Advertisement on the Institute website www.tiss.edu.
(b) Candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of Online Application and keep it for future reference.
(c) The Institute may offer a lower post to a candidate, in case the Selection Committee recommends so.
(d) Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail and/or mobile phone to appear for the interview to be conducted at TISS, Mumbai.
Note: The selected candidate will have to join within 30 days of issue of Offer Letter by the Institute
Application Submission Deadline 30 September 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
For Additional Information
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai
- Government Job Opportunity in Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Monthly Salary Rs.50,000 to Rs.70,000
- Job Opportunity for Post Graduate in Information Technology (IT) or Computer Application