Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology was established in the year 1987 as Regional Engineering College and was given the status of National Institute of Technology (Deemed University) by the Government of India on October 17, 2002 under the aegis of Ministry of Education (Shiksha Mantralaya), New Delhi. Now the Ministry of Education (Shiksha Mantralaya), Government of India has declared the Institute as “Institute of National Importance” under the act of Parliament-2007. A large number of reputed Industrial houses in the country visit the Institution and select the final year students as Engineers/ Management Trainees. As one of the National Institutes of Technology (NIT), the Institute has the responsibility of providing high quality education in Engineering, Technology and Sciences to produce competent technical and scientific manpower for the country. The Institute offers BTech, MTech, MSc, MBA and PhD programmes in the several disciplines of Engineering, Technology and Sciences.
Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar Applications are invited for the one post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under Department of Science and Technology (DST), under Applied Research Solar Stream, funded research project entitled ‘Concentrated Solar Air Heater with Passive Tracking Mechanism and Corrugated Receiver’ (Sanction Order No. DST/TMD/CERI/RES/2020/38(G) dated 29/07/2021). The principal investigator is Dr. Tangellapalli Srinivas, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Jalandhar.
The Co-PI is Dr. Rajan Kumar, Asst. Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Jalandhar. The staff will be appointed for two years purely on temporary basis
- Junior Research Fellow
Title of the Project
Concentrated Solar Air Heater with Passive Tracking Mechanism and Corrugated Receiver
Position: Junior Research Fellow
Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following. (a) Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIRUGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE. (b) The selection process through National level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Desirable qualification: B.Tech/B.E in Mechanical Engineering with valid GATE score and two years of research experience. Or First class with not less than 60% aggregate (or) not less than 6.5 CGPA on a 10- point scale in BE/B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech/ME in the specializations of Mechanical Engineering (or) Machine Design from a recognized technical institute/university as a full time program through GATE.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Junior Research Fellow Fellow ship of Rs. 31,000/- pm for two-year duration. Hostel accommodation may be provided based on availability as per the Institute norms
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply in the prescribed application format given below along with a covering letter. Filled in hard copy of application with the supporting copies of certificates should be sent by post/courier to the correspondence address given below with a superscription on the envelope containing “Application for the post of Junior Research Fellow (DST)” so as to reach by 9th September, 2021. The softcopy with attachments (merged to single file) can be mailed to email@example.com with a subject line of JRF-DST.
- The institute reserves the right to accept application at any time, and consider candidates for candidates of exceptional credentials without applications. Mere possessing the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate would be called for interview.
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and need of the project. Shortlisted candidates will be informed by email (apart from website) about the interview date.
- The candidates must provide valid email ids in the application. Shortlisted candidates have to present themselves for the interview on the interview date with updated CV and original and attested photocopies of mark sheets/certificates in support of their academic qualifications.
- Applicants in employment (private, government or any other organization) are required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from the employer at the time of the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing the interview. Candidates called for written test/interview will be posted in the institute website.
Application Submission Deadline 9th September, 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, G.T. Road, Amritsar Bye-Pass, Jalandhar (Punjab), India – 144011
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- Monthly Salary Rs.31,000
- Junior Research Fellow Opportunity for Engineering in Mechanical Engineering