Indian Institute of Technology Patna is one of the new IITs established by an Act of the Indian Parliament on August 06, 2008. Patna which was known as Patliputra has been a center of knowledge since long has been attracting visitors and scholars from many parts of the world such as China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Sri Lanka, among others. This has been a land of visionaries. Some of the legends from this region include Lord Gautam Buddha, Lord Mahavir, Guru Gobind Singh, the famous astronomer Aryabhatta and the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad. IIT Patna has ten departments: These are Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Humanities & Social Science departments.
Applications are invited in the prescribed format only for the following Junior Research Fellow (JRF) assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in this institute.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Name of the Project
Development of Guidelines for Seismic Evaluation and Strengthening of Old Masonry Buildings in Bihar based on a Pilot Study
Name of the sponsoring Agency : Bihar State Disaster Management Authority, Patna
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
M Tech in Structural Engineering or Applied Mechanics or in similar specializations (such as structural dynamics, earthquake engineering)
The candidate should have B Tech degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks. The upper age limit for applying for the JRF position shall be 32 years. Relaxations for SC/ST/OBC/women/PD will be given as per the GoI rules. Preference shall be given to GATE (in CE) qualified candidates having experience in the field of Structural engineering. Working/research experience in the structural engineering experiments and finite element analysis will be also given preference
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Consolidated Fellowship : Rs. 31,000/- per month
How to Apply
- Candidates interested in this position and satisfying the qualification criteria should write an email to the project investigator Dr. Vaibhav Singhal, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, IIT Patna (Email ids: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The subject of the email should read as “JRF Position P561”. The last date for receiving this email is 30th August 2021.
- The email MUST include the scanned/pdf copy of duly filled application form (see below) with applicant’s signature.
- The email MUST include self-attested scanned pdf copy of all supporting documents (degree certificates, mark-sheets, GATE scorecard, and category certificate, if applicable).
- The application should also include a brief Academic CV not exceeding two page.
IIT Patna reserves the right to not shortlist any candidate in case the application email does not contain complete information backed up by supporting documents as listed above.
All candidates who apply via email by 30th August 2021 (deadline) and are shortlisted will be informed regarding the further details by 2nd September 2021.
Date of ONLINE Interview: 7th Sept 2021. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they have reliable internet connectivity on the date of online interview.
Application Submission Deadline 30th August 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Dayalpur Daulatpur, Bihar 801106
For Additional Information
Indian Institute of Technology Patna Application invited from the eligible candidates for the Post of Junior Research Fellow
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Monthly Salary Rs.35,000
- Job Opportunity for Engineering in M Tech in Structural Engineering or Applied Mechanics