The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, (DIAT) as it is known today, came into being as the Institute of Armament Studies in 1952 in the CME campus. In 1967, the Institute was renamed as “Institute of Armament Technology, (IAT)”, which moved to its present location at Girinagar, Pune. From the relatively narrow scope of Armament Studies alone in the Fifties, the role of the Institute was considerably enlarged by the Defence R&D Council in 1964 and further in 1981.
The Department of Applied Chemistry & Aerospace Engineering of this Institute are looking for young and dynamic research scholars for the positions of Research Associate (RA) & Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in ERIPR (DRDO) Sponsored Research Project entitled “Development of Technology for Non-flammable Hydrogen Gas and its Applications”. The Details/eligibility conditions for selection are given hereunder
- Research Associate (RA)
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Research Associate (RA) Essential: Ph.D. in Chemical Science & or Technology/ Chemical or Aerospace Engg./ Applied or Organic or Physical or Polymer Chemistry or equivalent with First Class at Post-graduation level.
1. Ph.D. from the reputed Institute or University is required.
2. An experience in the field of photocatalysis, hydrogen generation/ gas adsorption, combustion science and modeling & simulation is preferable. 3. Preference will be given to the candidates having relevant experience, self-motivation, strong aptitude for technology oriented research and should be able to plan experiment, their analysis and be able to write report and research articles
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Essential: M.E/ M.Tech in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Science & Tech./ Aerospace Engg./ Mechanical Engg. or equivalent with valid GATE Score. OR M.Sc. degree in Organic Chemistry or Physical Chemistry or Polymer or Industrial Chemistry or equivalent, from reputed University or Institutes. First Class with UGC/CSIR-NET or SET or Valid GATE score.
1. For M.Sc. candidates, sound knowledge of organic synthesis or processes.
2. Should have good knowledge of Combustion Science & Technology, Fire, Safety and Engineering, CFD.
3. Preference will be given to the candidates with experience, strong aptitude for applied research and should be able to plan experiment and be able to write reports and articles.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Research Associate (RA) Rs. 47,000/- per month (consolidated)
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Rs. 31,000/- Per Month (Consolidated)
How to Apply
A Brief bio-data duly signed, Application form (available on DIAT website), Proof of Date of Birth, Ph.D./M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc mark sheets & Degree Certificates may be sent to the email ID of the Co-Principal Investigator (firstname.lastname@example.org) in PDF form as a single file, with subject titled “Application for RA or JRF Position” on or before 15th January 2022
For further details/clarification, please visit our website www.diat.ac.in or contact Dr. Ganpati Joshi, Co-Principal Investigator Dept of Aerospace Engg. on Telephone Nos. (020) 24304171, Mob.:- 9421661182 or Dr. Prashant S Kulkarni, Principal Investigator Dept. of Applied Chemistry on Telephone No. (020) 24304161, Mob. :- 9422312338
Last Date for Application Submission is 15th January 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Girinagar, Next to Khadakwasla Dam, Pune, Maharashtra 411025
For Additional Information
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology invites Application for selection of a suitable candidate for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work in Aeronautics R & D Board Sponsored Research Project
- Government Job Opportunity in Defence Institute of Advanced Technology
- Monthly Salary Rs.31,000 to Rs47,000/-
- Junior Research Fellow(JRF) Opportunity for ME/ M.Tech in Mech Engg., Aerospace Engg., Modeling & Simulations