Government of India founded the Central University of Tamil Nadu, along with eight other Central Universities, through an Act of Parliament in 2009. It is part of the greater role that the Central Government assumed in making higher education accessible to aspirants from the weaker sections of the society. With eight students in M.A. English Studies, the university started functioning from November 2009, at the Collectorate Annexe at Thiruvarur, 60 kilometers to the east of Thanjavur. But today the University sits astride a major tributary of the famous Cauvery river in the heart of the Delta seven kilometers to the north-west of Thiruvarur.
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)on contract basis to work in a time bound DST sponsored research project (DST/SEED/SCSP/STI/2020/412) sanctioned to the undersigned at the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Central University of Tamil Nadu
Project Title: Capacity building and promoting good husbandry practices among livestock farmers for the livelihood, sustainable livestock production and upholding public health
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- (NET/GATE/national level entrance exam qualified)/ + 8% HRA
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Essential Qualification: MVSC in VPH &E, LPT, Microbiology, Preventive Vet Medicine, Biotechnology, MSc in Life Science/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biomedical Sciences/ Biotechnology / Epidemiology and Public Health/ Biostatistics and other relevant disciplines with minimum 55% marks. The candidate should have cleared NET/GATE or any other national level entrance exams.
Desirable: Prior experience indevelopment and evaluation of rapid on site diagnostic tests like LAMP, RPA, PSR and LFA will be given preference.
Age limit: 28 years (Relaxable as per GOI norms)
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
How to Apply
Documents to be sent to the Principal Investigator by email as a single attachment on or before 12-04-2022
- Filled in application in the format attached, covering letter, detailed curriculum vitae
- Attested photocopies of all documents, certificates, degree and mark sheets
- Attested copy of NET/GATE/National level entrance score card.
- Copies of certificates/ testimonials/ documents which the candidate may wish to bring to the knowledge of the selection committee.
Time and date of the online interview:10 AM, 13-04-2022. The link will be sent to the eligible candidates before the interview
Prof. Gopalan Natarajan (Principal Investigator, DST-SEED)
Head, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health,
Central University of Tamil Nadu
Thiruvarur 610 005, Tamil Nadu.
Application Submission Deadline 12-04-2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Central University of Tamil Nadu, Neelakudi, Thiruvarur – 610 005, Tamil Nadu
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Monthly Salary Rs. 31,000/-
- Job Opportunity for Biotechnology / Life Science/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biomedical Sciences