The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. Sukoon is a field action project of the School of Human Ecology at the Tata Institute ofSocial Sciences, Mumbai. Sukoon provides psycho-social services to litigants approaching courtsettings for matrimonial disputes and conducts primary research in the area of couple and family well-being. Sukoon counseling centers are currently operational in 6 courts in Mumbai.
Prayas is a Field Action Project of the Centre for Criminology and Justice, School of Social Work at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, initiated in 1990. It is a response to the needs of disadvantaged groups being processed by the Criminal Justice System (CJS). It aims at socio legal and economic rehabilitation of persons who are at a greater risk of being criminalized, vulnerable to being trafficked (for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation), or destitution.
Prayas invites interested candidates to apply for the post of Legal Fellow (on contract for One years).
- Legal Fellow (on contract)
Qualification and Experience:
☛ LLB degree
☛ Sanad for practising in Maharashtra
☛ Knowledge of computer skills./Ability- read, write and speak in Marathi, English Hindi.
☛ Familiarity with the use of MS-Office, emails and the internet.
☛ Preference may be given to lawyers with 2-3 years of legal practice.
☛ Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
☛ During contract period, Fellow shall not take up any other employment without the prior permission of the employer.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
Salary: Rs. 30,000 per month (Approx)
How to Apply
- Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail and/or mobile phone to appear for the online interview to be held between the 1st Week or 2nd Week of April ,2022.
- Candidates are requested to apply to be sent by email to:
prayas.fellows.Programme@gmail.com provided along with this
advertisement on the Institute website www.tiss.edu..
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the acknowledgment of online application and keep it for future reference.
- TISS reserves the right to modify the Selection Process with intimation to short-listed candidates.
The last date for receipt of online application: 05 April, 2022.
Application Submission Deadline 5th April, 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai, 400088, Maharastra
For Additional Information
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Prayas invites interested candidates to apply for the post of Legal Fellow (on contract for One years).
- Government Job Opportunity in Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Remuneration Rs. 30,000 per month (Approx)
- Job Opportunity for LLB degree