Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) is a New Delhi–based autonomous policy research institute that specialises in issues related to international economic development, trade, investment and technology. RIS is envisioned as a forum for fostering effective policy dialogue and capacity-building among developing countries on global and regional economic issues.The focus of the work programme of RIS is to promote South-South Cooperation and collaborate with developing countries in multilateral negotiations in various forums. RIS is engaged across inter-governmental processes of several regional economic cooperation initiatives. Through its intensive network of think tanks, RIS seeks to strengthen policy coherence on international economic issues and the development partnership canvas.
RIS is looking for young, dynamic and motivated research scholars for its evidence based research policy work programme in the field of agriculture, including, its collaborative project in this field for IFPRI as well as G20 issues.
Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) invites applications from young, energetic and well qualified candidates for the following Consultant positions on contractual basis
• M.A in Economics from a reputed Indian or foreign university
• Ph.D in Agriculture Economics/Economics with experience in agriculture-related research studies for at least 3 to 5 years demonstrating sound knowledge in statistical and econometric techniques.
• Candidates having research experience in South Asian and BIMSTEC countries with some publications would be preferred.
Role and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Project Lead on identification of research questions, formulation of hypotheses and preparation of data analysis reports covering agriculture trade products, food processing and their integration with regional supply chains, food safety and security issues, tariff and non-tariff measures, modeling of disaggregated granular data on exports and imports, etc
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Remuneration: Rs. 1,00,000/- per month, all inclusive
How to Apply
Application Process: Interested candidates may apply to the Office of Director General, RIS at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 31 January 2022, together with a copy of the bio-data.
• Eligible and shortlisted candidates would be called for personal/virtual interview.
• The Selection Committee at its discretion can relax any of the above-mentioned conditions in favour of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
• The decision of the Selection Committee would be final in all respects.
• Selected candidates would be required to take up the assignment soonest possible and it would be desirable if an indication about the possible date of taking up the assignment is conveyed to RIS in advance, in case of selection.
• Any sort of canvassing would be treated as disqualification.
• Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
Application Submission Deadline 31 January 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Research and Information System for Developing Countries, Core IV-B, Fourth Floor India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003
For Additional Information
Research and Information System for Developing Countries invites Application for the following Post of Consultants
- Government Job Opportunity in Research and Information System for Developing Countries
- Monthly Salary Rs. 1,00,000/- per month, all inclusive
- Consultants Job Opportunity for Post-Graduation/ Ph.D in Agriculture Economics/Economic