The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG), Government of India, set up the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology at Jais, Amethi, Uttar Pradesh, by the Act of the Parliament. The Institute has been accorded the eminence of being an Institution of National Importance along the lines of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The Institute is empowered to award degrees in its own right. The Institute is co-promoted as an energy domain specific institute by six leading oil public sector units (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Oil India Limited, Gail (India) Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited) in association with the Oil Industry Development Board. The Institute is associating with leading International Universities/Institutions specializing in the domain of Petroleum Technology and Energy.
The Institute invites applications for the posts of (1) Project Associate and (2) Post-Doctoral Fellow from enthusiastic candidates to work on DST sponsored projects:
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Applications are invited from enthusiastic candidates to work in a DST sponsored project as Project associate in the area of Development of Catalysts for electrolysis and similar applications.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic candidates to work in a DST sponsored candidate as Post Doctoral Fellow in the area of Development of Electrolyzer for water electrolysis.
Project Title: Development of Electrodes and modular compact membrane less electrolyzer set up for sustainable H2 production from sea/tap/ground water
- Project Associate
- Post Doctoral Fellow
- The applicant must have obtained a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Chemistry with minimum 60% Marks from a recognized university or equivalent.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years on 31st March 2022.
- Relaxation in minimum qualifying %age of marks and age limit will be as per the Government of India guideline for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged candidates.
- Knowledge on preparation of nanomaterials and characterization will be an advantage.
Post Doctoral Fellow
- The applicant must have obtained B.Tech. or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering from recognized Institute/University and PhD from recognized Institute/University in in the area of electrolysis, electrochemical engineering, fuel cell and related areas with hands-on experience in fabricating electrochemical devices.
- Those who have submitted their PhD thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they qualify the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 40 years on 1st April 2022. Age relaxation will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates following the Govt. of India Guideline.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Project Associate
- 31000/- per month + HRA for candidates possessing a valid CSIR-UGC NET certificate including lectureship or GATE score or a selection through national level test conducted by a central Government agency or Institution will be eligible for full stipend.
- 25000/- + HRA for candidates possessing minimum essential qualification stated below and not satisfy (i).
- Post Doctoral Fellow Fellowship: Rs.49000/- per month for candidates with PhD degree. For candidates with thesis submitted and awaiting the award of the degree: Rs. 35000/- per month.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward the application written on a plain paper along with the above documents to email@example.com by 04th May 2022, 6 PM. The Subject of the application shall be “Application for Project Associate”.
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward the application written on a plain paper along with the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 04th May 2022, 6 PM. The Subject of the application shall be “Application for Post Doctoral Fellow”.
Application Submission Deadline 04th May 2022, 6 PM
Job Location 🇮🇳
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Mubarakhpur Mukhetia More, Bahadurpur, Jais, Post Harbanshganj, Amethi – 229304, Uttar Pradesh
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
- Monthly Salary Rs.25000/- + HRA to Rs.49000/- per month
- Job Opportunity for Master’s Degree or equivalent in Chemistry / B.Tech. or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering