IIT Bombay also builds links with peer universities and institutes, both at the national and the international levels, to enhance research and enrich its educational programmes. The alumni have distinguished themselves through their achievements in and contributions to industry, academics, research, business, government and social domains. The institute continues to work closely with the alumni to enhance its activities through interactions in academic and research programmes as well as to mobilise financial support.The institute is recognised worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research. Reputed for the outstanding calibre of students graduating from its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, the institute attracts the best students from the country for its bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes. Research and academic programmes at IIT Bombay are driven by an outstanding faculty, many of whom are reputed for their research contributions internationally.
A Teaching learning Centre (TLC) has been setup at IIT Bombay under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching.
Blender is an open source, actively developed, cross platform, 3D-multimedia suite with 2D-ability. In the Video Editing using Blender series, we will learn to edit videos using Blender. The demonstration includes multi-track audio and video editing, annotation, special effects and rendering. Various Blender features are listed in the official website at, https://www.blender.org/features/
The pilot workshop will be for 4 hours, with a short lecture and hands-on session. The workshop will be conducted using a mix of pre-recorded spoken tutorial videos with side by side learning and live lectures. Each tutorial has practice problems/assignments to get a good understanding of each topic.
- Benefits of the Workshop
- Learn to edit videos using the Blender interface.
- Learn to create proxy files and render edited videos.
- Add text, image and frame to a video.
- Learn advanced features, such as adding animation to a video and keyframes.
- e-Certificate for attending the pilot Video Editing using Blender workshop.
Topics to be Covered
This programme will cover the following topics:
The training will help teachers and students in using the Blender software to edit their educational or assignment videos. It will help them to add further learning materials into the video before sharing with the audience.
The following topics will be covered during the workshop.
- Download and open Blender
- Learn Basic Video Editing
- Rendering a Video
- Cut, match and align audio and video
- Build Proxy for Video Editing
- Add Text and Frames to a Video
- Add an Image to a Video
We will give an overview of advanced topics, such as adding animation to a video.
Who can Apply?
This workshop will be useful to students, teachers/faculty, and working professionals from all fields.
Criteria for Certification
Participation certificates, in an electronic form, will be provided to all participants after successful completion of the workshop.
◆ This Pilot workshop will be free of cost.
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details.
Pilot Workshop on Video Editing Using Blender will be online on 24th June 2021 from 9.00 am to 1.30 pm. It will consist of a short lecture/demonstration followed by an interactive hands-on session for 3 hours.
The application will be strictly online, and no other mode of application will be entertained.
The link for online registration is:
The registration form will be available until 24 June 2021
There will be NO remote centres in this workshop. During the online registration, one should opt for ‘IIT Bombay’ as a remote centre. In the registration page, ‘Maharashtra‘ should be selected as the state and ‘Indian institute of Technology Bombay’ as the remote centre.
There are a limited number of seats available. Participants will be confirmed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Research Areas of Interest, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Last date for registration is 24 June 2021
- Event date 24th June 2021 from 9.00 am to 1.30 pm
For Additional Information
Pilot workshop on Video Editing using Blender on 26 June 2021 organized by Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
Sr. Project Manager, ESOS Project
Department of CSE, Kanwal Rekhi Building,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Mumbai – 400 076.
Website – www.it.iitb.ac.in/nmeict
- Online Free Short Term Training Programme Organized by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
- Learn About Advanced Video Editing using Blender
- Short Term Training Programme for Faculties/ research scholars/ PG students and Industry employees