Online Karyashala on High End Workshop on DOE, Material Characterization and Advanced Manufacturing Techniques (Online Mode) (Under the KARYASHALA Scheme – A SERB initiative) September 20-26, 2021 Funded by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India Under Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur
‘KARYASHALA’ is a noble endeavor of Government of India by Science and Engineering Board (SERB) under Accelerate Vigyan Scheme to improve research productivity of promising PG and PhD students from universities and colleges through high-end workshops on specific themes.
This program aims to provide opportunities to acquire specialized research skills. These workshops will primarily be facilitated at organizations / institutions / laboratories of national importance.
PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur has decided to be a part of this unique initiative and share our Institutional resources with the society towards higher goals of national importance. Thus, the current workshop has come into being. This event is sponsored by SERB.
‘KARYASHALA’ is aimed to provide hands-on experience to the students primarily from universities, colleges, private academic institutions and newly established institutes in handling / troubleshooting of high-end scientific instruments and such skill development on themes required for research work. The program is meant to support motivated PG and Ph.D. level students, who are having a strong willingness to get excellence in their scientific and engineering research pursuits. Following are the objectives of this high end workshop:
- To impart the knowledge of design of experiments and thus enable the scholars to understand it with real life examples
- To demonstrate and hands on with the different advanced manufacturing equipment available with the institute
- To develop programming skills among researchers to deal with customized coding problems related with their research work
- To impart knowledge on various avenues of active research in mechanical engineering and interdisciplinary areas
Topics to be Covered
- Recent Trends in Biomedical Research
- MATLAB and Simulation
- Incremental Sheet Forming
- Vibration FIST
- Advanced CNC Machining
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Mechanical and Microstructural Characterization
- Electric Discharge Machining
- Abrasive Jet Machining
- Additive Manufacturing
- Friction Stir Welding/Processing
- Machine Learning
- Design of Experiments
- Programming skill required for being an effective researcher/teacher with Applications of MATLAB
Who can Apply?
Karyashala is open to postgraduate students from all Institutes, Colleges and Universities in India; preference will be given to the students having interest towards Advanced Design, Manufacturing and Characterization. Total numbers of seats are limited to 25.
Course Registration Fee
◆ There is no registration fees.
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details.
Online Workshop on High End Workshop on DOE, Material Characterization and Advanced Manufacturing Techniques
(Under KARYASHALA Scheme- A SERB initiative)
20-26 September 2021
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Specialization, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Registration opens: August 15, 2021
- Last date for application: August 30, 2021
- Display of shortlisted candidates: September 10, 2021
- Workshop dates: September 20-26, 2021
For Additional Information
Online Karyashala on High End Workshop on DOE, Material Characterization and Advanced Manufacturing Techniques (Online Mode) (Under the KARYASHALA Scheme – A SERB initiative) September 20-26, 2021 Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur, Airport Rd, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur Campus, Khamaria, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 482005
- Online Karyashala on High End Workshop Programme Organized by PDPM Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur
- Learn About Advanced Manufacturing Techniques
- Short Term Training Programme for Faculties/ research scholars/ PG students and Industry employees