The Centre for Industrial Design and Ergonomics, Department of Design, DTU is organizing a faculty development program on 3D Printing in Product Design during 5th to 9th July 2021, to give the participants in-depth details of additive manufacturing in product design.
Paragraphhe speakers are selected to give the best of both worlds from academics and industries. The academic speaker will introduce the basic and advances additive manufacturing, whereas the industrial expert will emphasize the skill required to print a prototype through an additive manufacturing technique.Additive Manufacturing (AM) has become a new tool for part-to-part nowadays to benefit product designers. Additive Manufacturing is one solution to cater to the market’s paradigm shift from mass production to mass customization. Hence, turning companies towards AM for quick, simplified, and better manufacturing.
The application of AM technology increased in every horizon of the product design industry such as automobile, aerospace, biomedical, and so forth.The wide range of AM techniques from low cost to high end makes it suitable for solopreneurs to entrepreneurs, start-ups to large companies. The cost-effectiveness of the AM set-up allowing more professional to introduce their ideas to the world.
𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞:
1. Understanding of Additive Manufacturing Concepts
2. Prototype development through Additive Manufacturing
3. Effective use of Additive Manufacturing in Product Design
4. Product design optimization and validation through Additive Manufacturing
5. Understanding of 3D printing process parameters to print a prototype
6. Application of Generative Design and Topology in product design and printing
7. Understanding of handling of AM machines
Topics to be Covered
This programme will cover the following topics:
1. Introduction of Additive Manufacturing
2. Application of Additive Manufacturing
3. Design for Additive Manufacturing
4. Product design process for Additive Manufacturing
5. Reverse Engineering through 3D printing
6. Materials for 3D printing
7. Generative Design and Topology
8. Benchmarking in Additive Manufacturing
9. Interaction with Industrial Experts
10. Demonstration of 3D printing
Who can Apply?
- Faculty members of engineering colleges working in mechanical/production/industrial engineering and allied departments.
- Research Scholars, who have an aptitude to work in the area of 3D printing and desire to take up teaching profession as their career.
- Professional with research profile in institute such DRDO, BARC, ISRO, BEL, BHEL,and so forth
◆ Program Fee: Rs.2,000
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/HzvvkDvMGJaeC3qq7
🔸𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞: 25th June 2021
1.Please Fill the Google form after payment is completed.
2.Program Fee: ₹ 2,000
3.Upload payment receipt and other details asked correctly.
4.Further details would be issued on the mail of the registered applicants.
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Research Areas of Interest, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Last date for registration is 25th June 2021.
- Event date 5th– 9th July, 2021
For Additional Information
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
Delhi Technological University, Shahbad Daulatpur Village, Rohini, Delhi, 110042
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭:
Dr. Qamar Tanveer
+91 98915 82628
Mr. Mohd. Tayyab : +91 6395523958
Ms. Anuradha : +91 8054571970
Mr. Shahid Ahmed : +91 9897666889
- One Week FDP Programme Organized by National Institute of Technology Calicut
- Learn About Advanced 3D Printing In Product Design
- One Week FDP Programme for Faculties/ research scholars/ PG students and Industry employees