The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS), an autonomous organisation aided by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, was established to facilitate cell biology research in the country.NCCS is located within the academically-enriched campus of the Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU). Since its inception, NCCS has been performing cutting-edge research in cell biology, providing valuable services as a national animal cell repository, and supporting human resource development through various teaching and training programmes. NCCS has been at the forefront of basic research in diverse fields of cell biology, especially those addressing important human health issues such as cancer, metabolic disorders, infectious diseases, and regenerative medicine. The research at NCCS is focused on answering these challenging health issues through approaches that integrate modern and conventional disciplines including cell biology, cellular signalling, stem cell biology, immunology, genomics, proteomics, systems biology, structural biology and microbial ecology.
Applications are invited for different positions to be filled purely on temporary basis at NCCS on extra mural projects.
For the detailed specifications of the posts, the prescribed application format and other terms and conditions, please see our Advt.No.PMC/P05/Online/2021 under Project Positions in Careers tab on our website (www.nccs.res.in). For any updates please check our website. (Hindi, English & Marathi version of this advertisement is available on our website).
National Centre For Cell Science राष्ट्रीय कोशिका विज्ञान केंद्रा (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, for a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. Hie centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Savitriba Phule Pune Campus, Pune. NCCS invites applications for following posts on various extramural
projects purely on temporary basis.
- Project Manager
- Research Associate -1
- Project Associate -1
- Junior Research Fellow
- Office Assistant
- Project Assistant
Research Associate -1 Ph.D/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Project Associate -1 Master’s Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences / MVSc or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent
Junior Research Fellow Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following.
A. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests -CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
B. The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, 1CMR, IIT, HSc, USER etc.
Office Assistant Graduate with 2 years of work experience and well versed in computer applications with good typing speed.
Project Assistant B.Sc./ 3 years Diploma in Engineering & Technology. Experience in Protein Biochemistry, Protein expression and purification will be preferred.
Helper Standard 10th pass with 1 year of experience in relevant field.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Project Manager Rs. 1,25,000/- (Fixed)
- Research Associate -1 Rs. 47,000/- (Fixed)
- Project Associate -1 Rs. 31,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through
- (a) National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or
- (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
- Rs. 25,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
- Junior Research Fellow Rs. 31,000/- + HRA
- Office Assistant Rs. 30,000/- (Fixed)
- Project Assistant Rs. 20,000/- + HRA Increment of 15% for 3 years of experience with maximum ceiling of 4 such revisions i.e., up to 12 years of experience.
- Helper Rs. 20,000/- (Fixed)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13th September, 2021.
1) The complete application template in the prescribed format is available below this advertisement (as word and PDF file)
2) Mention “Serial Number & Name of Position” in the subject line of the email. You can apply for a maximum of three positions. If you are applying for more than one position, please send separate applications through email, with separate subject lines and attach all other documents in all emails.
The candidates fulfilling the requirements and suitable as per the essential & desirable experience will be shortlisted for an online interview. The list of shortlisted candidates and details of the interview would be shared through the institutional website tentatively during last week of September, 2021.
Application Submission Deadline 13th September, 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
National Centre For Cell Science राष्ट्रीय कोशिका विज्ञान केंद्रा, NCCS Complex, University of Pune Campus, Pune University Rd, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra 411007
For Additional Information
Applications are invited for Project Manager/ Research Associate / Project Associate / Junior Research Fellow/ Office Assistant/ Project Assistant/ Helper positions to be filled purely on temporary basis at NCCS on extra mural projects
- Government Job Opportunity in National Centre For Cell Science राष्ट्रीय कोशिका विज्ञान केंद्रा
- Monthly Salary Rs.20,000 to Rs.1,25,000
- Job Opportunity for Ph.D/MD/MS/MDS or Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course