The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science. The objective of the program is to identify students with talent and aptitude for research; help them realize their academic potential; encourage them to take up research careers in Science, and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.
The advertisement for the KVPY Fellowship appears in all the national dailies normally on the Technology Day (May 11) and the Second Sunday of July every year.
Applications are Invited from school and college Students interested in Pursuing Basic Science Courses and Career in research
An ongoing National Program of Fellowships in Basic Sciences to
attract exceptionally motivated students to pursue research career in Basic Sciences. Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and implemented by the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru-12 SELECTION IS OPEN TO INDIAN NATIONALS FOR STUDY IN INDIA*
Selection of the students is made from those studying in XI standard to 1st year of any undergraduate Program in Basic Sciences namely B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology having aptitude for scientific research. Special groups / Committees are set up at IISc to screen the applications and conduct an aptitude test at various centres in the country. Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students are called for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure. For receiving a fellowship, both aptitude test and interview marks are considered.Generous fellowships are provided up to the pre-Ph.D. level to the selected KVPY Fellows.
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, offers attractive fellowships (Rs. 5,000/- to Rs.7,000/- p.m.) and contingency grants (equivalent to four months fellowship per annum) to students studying in 1st year program in basic science course such as B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. Selection to the program considers the academic excellence to take up research career in Basic Sciences.
Who can Apply?
• Stream SA: Students enrolled in/planning to join XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2021-22 and aspiring to join an undergraduate program in basic sciences (B.Sc/B.S./B.Stat./ B Math/Int. M.Sc./lnt. M.S.) during the academic year 2023-24.
• Stream SX Students enrolled in/planning to join XII standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2021-22 and aspiring to join an undergraduate program in basic sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./ Math Tint M.Sc./lnt. M.S.) during the academic year 2022-23.
• Stream SB Students enrolled in/planning to join First Year B.Sc./B.S/B.Stat/B.Math./Int. M.Sc/Int. M.S. in basic sciences during the academic year 2021-22.
Rank certificates will also be available to an extended list of candidates.
Empowerment initiative in the KVPY Fellowship Program:
For students belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe:– A certain number of fellowships exclusively for the meritorious SC/ST students under the
various streams as stated above will be operated.
For Persons With Disabilities:– A certain number of fellowships under various streams as stated above will be operated for deserving Persons With DisabilitiesPhysically and Visually challenged students.
How to Apply
Application for KVPY-2021 must be done online only
- There are three steps to complete your application successfully.
- Step 1. Registration
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centres and uploading photo, signature and other certificates, as applicable.
- Step 3. Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the application fee only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card, UPI or Net Banking. No other means of payment will be accepted. Once the payment is successful and application is submitted, no refund of application fee will be done
- The application fees for KVPY-2021 are as follows:For General/OBC Category: Rs. 1250, For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 625 (Bank Charges extra)
• For the benefit of students, a Mock Test of KVPY aptitude Test for
Online mode of examination is also available. For details visit KVPY
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru – 560 012
Phone : 080 2293 2975, 080 2293 2976, 080 2360 1008
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details visit: http://www.kvpy.iisc.ac.in
- Opening of online application portal : 12th July 2021 at 5 PM
- Date for closing of online application : 25th August 2021
- Exam Date : 7th November 2021
For Additional Information
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, CV Raman Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
- Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and implemented by the Indian Institute of Science
- National Program of Fellowships (Rs. 5,000/- to Rs.7,000/- p.m.)
- National Program of Fellowships for Students enrolled in/planning to XI Standard / XII / Standard First Year B.Sc./B.S/B.Stat/B.Math./Int. M.Sc/Int. M.S. in basic sciences