The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), is a state-of-the-art research institute in Bangalore, India, dedicated to the study of stem cells and regenerative biology with translational emphasis. An autonomous institute funded by the Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, inStem’s research structure is built on a core of collaborative research with a thematic focus. inStem’s mandate to allow this cross-disciplinary, multi-pronged approach to research, straddles the divide between clinical and laboratory research. In trying to answer intractable and challenging questions that face the field, inStem seeks to rewrite the paradigm of the research institute: without barriers and across disciplines.
The incumbent will work closely with and report to the Head of the Stem Cell Core. The position will have a primary responsibility in the development of a Biorepository of stem cell lines to understand disease and facilitate the identification of targets for discovery and clinical applications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,preparing feeder cells, derivation and expansion of human iPSC lines and their differentiation to multiple lineages within a monolayer or organoid. Genome editing of hiPSC lines and standardizing the platform for research and high-throughput screening will be required
Only online applications will be accepted. Applications received through any other mode shall stand rejected automatically
- Project Scientist – Stem Cell Technologist for the inStem Flagship Program
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensure compliance with regulatory policies governing work with stem cells
- Data collection and reporting
- General upkeep of stem cell facility
- Assisting the head of the stem cell core with duties and assignments to ensure efficient operations and user satisfaction
- Assist in the financial management of the facility
- PhD in a branch of life sciences
- Experience with maintaining and propagating mammalian cell cultures and stem cells/ IPSC
- Familiarity with procedures of quality control/quality assurance of cell lines
- Practical experience with molecular biology techniques
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Salary: As per institute norms.
How to Apply
Applications should include a one-page CV highlighting relevant work experience with a current contact email address to be submitted as a consolidated pdf.
Last date of online application – 10.12.2021
Interested candidates may login to the link given in inStem website–Careers–Open position to apply for the position ( https://www.instem.res.in/jobportal/ )
Shortlisted applicants will be informed through email and interviewed via electronic mode. Out of station applicants are encouraged to apply however, accommodation is not provided. Appointment will be contingent on medical certification by the campus medical centre.
Last date for receipt of online application 10th December 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine, GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore – 560065, Karnataka 560065
For Additional Information
Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine Application invited from the eligible candidates for the Post of Project Scientist – Stem Cell Technologist for the inStem Flagship Program
- Government Job Opportunity in Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine
- Salary: As per institute norms.
- Job Opportunity for PhD in a branch of life sciences