The is a public, deemed, research university for higher education and research in science, engineering, design, and management. It is located in Bengaluru, in the Indian state of Karnataka. The institute was established in 1909 with active support from Jamsetji Tata and thus is also locally known as the “Tata Institute”. It was granted the deemed to be university status in 1958 and the Institute of Eminence status in 2018. IISc aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions through the pursuit of excellence in research and promotion of innovation by offering world-class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore invites applications for the position of Facility Manager in the Advanced Facility for Microscopy and Microanalysis (AFMM). The details are as follows
- Facility Manager
A Doctoral degree or Master’s in Science or Engineering with at least 4 years of experience
Desirable: Hands-on familiarity with routine as well as sophisticated techniques at an advanced level in transmission and scanning electron microscopy and sample preparation techniques.
The Facility Manager who will have overall responsibility for the operation of the centre and whose duties will include:
- Ensuring that items of equipment and support infrastructure are maintained in good operating condition with high up-time through routine maintenance and liaison with suppliers and service providers.
- Participating in collaborative research activities with faculty members and students.
- Managing support staff involved in running facilities at the centre.
- Assisting faculty of the Institute in generating resources through extra-mural projects to keep the centre financially viable.
- Providing technical support for periodic training programmes.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Facility Manager Rs. 1,00,000/- p.m.* (consolidated)
How to Apply
a. Candidates who are desirous to be considered strictly on the aforesaid terms and conditions may send their CV’s mentioning in the subject line “Application for the position of Facility Manager” duly including contact details of at least 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com on or before 27.06.2022.
Applications received after the cut-off date will be rejected.
b. The shortlisted candidates will be informed through e-mail about date & time of interview. Candidates are also advised to provide correct information in their online application (including address).
c. The electronic mode of interview (Zoom Call/ Microsoft Team) will be intimated to the candidates in advance. However, the candidates are advised to be prepared to give interview in all the medium mentioned here, and to appear in person, if so required.
d. Candidates may please ensure that they are fulfilling all the requisite criteria, failing which their candidature is liable to be rejected/cancelled.
Last date for Application Submission is 27.06.2022.
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012, Karnataka
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Science
- Salary Up to Rs. 1,00,000/- p.m
- Facility Manager Job Opportunity for Doctoral degree or Master’s in Science or Engineering
🔖 Post Expires on 27th June 2022