The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. Traditionally, teaching has been segregated from research in undergraduate science curricula in our country. The IISERs were established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, to bridge this dichotomy. IISER TVM was founded in 2008. The institute aims to provide high quality education in modern science, integrating it with outstanding research at the undergraduate level itself, and to develop a spirit of enquiry cutting across disciplines. IISER TVM is an autonomous institution offering a five-year BS-MS programme in addition to iPh.D and Ph.D. programmes in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and inter-disciplinary areas.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Applications are invited from eligible candidate for the position of “Veterinarian (on contract basis)” for the institutional animal facility.
B.V.Sc. or equivalent degree in Veterinary Sciences of a recognized university.
Registration with Veterinary Council of India, valid in the state of Kerala.
Minimum 3 years documented experience in a CPCSEA approved animal house.
Postgraduate degree/diploma (M.V.Sc, MSc or equivalent) of a recognized university in Laboratory Animal Science/Medicine OR Animal Breeding/Nutrition/Management OR Veterinary Surgery/ Pharmacology/ Pathology/ Microbiology/ Virology/ Biotechnology/ Medicine or any subject related to laboratory animals and two years documented experience (full-time) in handling laboratory animals for education/ research/ experiment/ breeding/ testing/ biological-production.
Experience in handling, breeding and maintaining semi-barrier maintained animals, specific pathogen free animals, immune compromised animals or transgenic animals.
Experience in managing regulatory documents of a CPCSEA-approved laboratory animal facility.
Professional skill/expertise in using laboratory animals for research in an academic institution.
Professional skill/expertise in monitoring and controlling disease in laboratory animals.
- Managing overall functioning of the laboratory animal facility at IISER-TVM.
- Establishment of infrastructural setup, training of the personnel in animal handling/experimentation, getting required approvals and documentation for the facility.
- Work with several mandatory committees constituted to carry out animal work in accordance with the Institutional and CPCSEA guidelines.
- Procurement breeding and maintenance of the animals (stock as well as experiments) for all investigations as per the CPCSEA guidelines of the Govt.of India.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Commensurate to experience/qualification the salary will be fixed between Rs. 35,000/- to 50,000/- per month (consolidated).
How to Apply
Candidates having the prescribed qualification may send their resume along with scanned copies of certificate of the qualifying degree and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for veterinarian”. Application should be received on or before 03/09/2021 at 5.00 PM. The short-listed candidates will be called for the interview. For further details, please contact 0471-2778146, 8031.
Application Submission Deadline 03/09/2021 at 5.00 PM
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram, Maruthamala PO, Vithura,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695551.
For Additional Information
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Applications are invited for the position of “Veterinarian (on contract basis)” for the institutional animal facility.
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
- Monthly Salary Rs. 35,000/- to 50,000/- per month
- Job Opportunity for B.V.Sc. or equivalent degree in Veterinary Sciences