Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar was the first in India to introduce the integrated innovative programmes in teacher education. The Justice Verma Committee also recommended reforms in teacher education in 2013 and even before that IITE introduced teacher education programmes inculcating those reforms under the vision of the then Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat (Presently Prime Minister of India), Shree Narendra Modiji.
ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar On One Year Implementation of PM e-Vidya for Ensuring Equitable Education: Issues, Challenges and Concerns On 25th and 26th March 2022 Organizing by Centre of Education Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar (A State Public University established by Government of Gujarat)
- PM e-Vidya is a comprehensive initiative as a part of Aatma Nirbhar Programme, which unifies efforts related to digital/ on-air education to enable coherent multi-mode access to education. It provides multi-modal learning access to students, teachers, parents, ensuring inclusion to overcome digital divide. The initiative will fulfill our vision of making India a great hub of digital learning by addressing digital divide, enabling equitable learning.
- In this regard, the National Education Policy (2020) recognizes the importance of leveraging the advantages of technology while acknowledging its potential risks and dangers. It calls for carefully designed and appropriately scaled pilot studies to determine how the benefits of online/digital education can be reaped while addressing or mitigating the downsides.
- In the meantime, the existing digital platforms and ongoing ICT-based educational initiatives must be optimized and expanded to meet the current and future challenges in providing quality education for all. However, the benefits of
- online/digital education cannot be leveraged unless the digital divide is eliminated through concerted efforts, such as the Digital India campaign and the availability of affordable computing devices Aside from changes required in pedagogy,
- online assessments also require a different approach.
- Keeping in this view, The Indian Institute of Teacher Education organizing ICSSR sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on One Year Implementation of PM e-Vidya for Ensuring Equitable Education: Issues, Challenges and Concerns.
Topics to be Covered
The subthemes of Seminar are:
- Pilot studies for online education.
- Online teaching platform and tools.
- Content creation, digital repository, and dissemination.
- Training and incentives for teachers
- Online assessment and examinations.
- Blended models of learning.
- Community Radio and CBSE Pod cost.
- Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired.
• Seminar will be in face to face mode.
• Attendance of all sessions in seminar is mandatory.
• Certificate will be provided to only those participants who will attend all sessions without fail.
• The traveling fare and accommodation will be provided as per IITE and ICSSR norms.
• The decision of the competent authority is final on any matter.
◆ No Registration Fee
How to Apply
• Manuscript can be written in English only.
• Conceptual and Research papers are invited on theme and subthemes of the seminar.
• The abstract must have: Title, Authors (Underline the name of presenting author), affiliation, email ID and mobile number (preferably WhatsApp) and keywords (up to Five).
• The Research paper should be organized in the following format:
Title of the Paper, Subtheme of the Seminar, Abstract, Introduction, Objectives, Research Questions or Hypotheses, Methods & Procedure, Results and Discussion, Conclusions and Implications of the Study and References
• The full paper should be about 1500 to 3000 words (excluding abstract and references).
• Full name of author, designation, and Name of College/Institute/University, email ID and mobile number must be
mentioned in the paper.
• It should be typed in M. S. Word with Times New Roman of font size 12 with line space 1.5
• APA 7th Version should be followed for references.
• The organizing committee will screen the quality of papers.
• The papers will be checked by University for Plagiarism.
• Author will be invited in seminar, if the paper will be accepted.
• The seminar proceedings (selected papers) will be published.
• Email for sending papers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date for submission of Abstract & Full Paper: 15/03/2022
- Intimation of selected entries: 17/03/2022
- Date of Seminar: 25th and 26th March 2022
For Additional Information
ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar On One Year Implementation of PM e-Vidya for Ensuring Equitable Education: Issues, Challenges and Concerns Organizing by Centre of Education Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar (A State Public University established by Government of Gujarat)
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar, Ramkrushna Paramhans Vidya Sankul, Near KH-5, KH Rd, Sector 15, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382016
- ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar Organized by Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar
- Learn About efforts related to digital/ on-air education to enable coherent multi-mode access to education
- ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar for Faculties/ research scholars/ PG students and Industry employees