The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) conduct the India-Japan Cooperative Science Programme (IJCSP) to promote bilateral scientific collaboration between Indian and Japanese scientists.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian researchers /scientists to submit proposals for Joint Research Projects and Joint Workshops/Seminars under IJCSP
Areas of cooperation
Areas of cooperation: The support is available to the following scientific areas:
(a) Physical Sciences
(b) Chemical Sciences
(c) Life Science & Agriculture
(d) Mathematics & Computational Science
(e) Astronomy & Earth Science
(f) Materials & Engineering
(g) COVID-19 related (Pre and post COVID)
The joint application must include one Indian and one Japanese Principal
Investigators, who would be responsible for technical as well as administrative coordination of the project and its periodic scientific and financial reporting to DST/ JSPS respectively.
• The Principal Investigator (PI) and other investigators in India should be scientists/ faculty members working in regular capacity in Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Academic Institutes and National Research & Development Laboratories/ Institutes as well as working in private nonprofit institutions that carry on R&D activities. It is preferred that a member of the project team may be designated as Co-PI. The Indian Principal Investigator (PI) should not be retiring or leaving the
parent institute during the proposed duration of the project.
• The Japanese PIs must be full time researchers employed at Universities or other research institutions recognized by JSPS. Further details in respect of Japanese participants JSPS website (www.jsps.gov.jp) may be referred to.
• The Indian applicants who are in any way involved in the implementation of two or more projects that were previously supported by the DST (International Group) and that are not expected to be completed by 31st March 2022 are not eligible to be a member of the research team.
• Indian and Japanese PIs must submit the same project proposal to the
respective Authorities responsible for the implementation of the Executive
Programme. Proposals submitted in only one Country will not be considered for evaluation.
• Projects must refer to activities to be completed within the period of validity of the Executive Programme and must be drafted in English.
• Each Principal Investigator (PI) must submit one proposal only. All applicants must fulfill national eligibility rules to apply for mobility grants (see below and check national annexes for specific requirements). Proposed collaborations should build on and reinforce already existing research activities between teams in both countries and should contribute with significant added value to these activities. Funding will be granted within the limits of available annual resources of each Party
How to Apply
Duly filled relevant application forms distributed by Department of Science and Technology (also available on the websites www.dst.gov.in in India and www.jsps.gov.jp in Japan) which are approved by the heads of the institutions of the coordinators.
• Curricula vitae of both research teams.
• Letter of intent exchanged between the coordinators of the project.
For detailed guidelines and format, please visit International
Cooperation (Bilateral) at https://onlinedst.gov.in/Projectproposalformat.aspx
The Indian researchers can download the proposal formats from websites www.dst.gov.in/ www.onlinedst.gov.in and should submit completed application form and all relevant information. Proposals must be submitted to DST through the e-application system provided at www.onlinedst.gov.in in DST format ONLY by 8 th September 2021 through proper channel. It should be ensured that application with identical title has been submitted by his / her Japanese counterpart to JSPS by due date.
Application Submission Deadline 8th September, 2021
For Additional Information
Contact Information 🇮🇳
For more details, applicants may contact:
Dr. (Mrs.) Ujjwala Tripti Tirkey,
Scientist ‘G’, International Cooperation (Bilateral) Division,
Room No. 19 B, S & T Block –I,
Department of Science and Technology,
Ministry of Science and Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016
Tel: +91 (0)11 2659 0377; +91 (0)11 2686 4642
- Submit proposals for Joint Research Projects and Joint Workshops/Seminars under IJCSP
- Department of Science and Technology Call For Proposals-2021
- Proposals-2021 Opportunity for Physical Sciences / Chemical Sciences/ Life Science & Agriculture/ Mathematics & Computational Science/ Astronomy & Earth Science/ Materials & Engineering/ COVID-19 related