Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur is one of the thirty National Institutes of Technology in the country. The Govt. of India conferred on the Institute, the Deemed to be University status (under University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956)) with effect from 26th June 2002. Subsequently, the Central Govt. by Act of Parliament (National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 (29 of 2007)) declared VNIT Nagpur as an Institute of National Importance along with all other NITs. The Act was brought into force from 15th August 2007. Earlier, the Institute was known as Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (VRCE). It was established in the year 1960 under the scheme sponsored by Govt. of India and Govt. of Maharashtra. The college was started in June 1960 by amalgamating the State Govt. Engineering College functioning at Nagpur since July 1956. In the meeting held in October 1962, the Governing Board of the College resolved to name it after the eminent engineer, planner, and statesman of the country Sir M.Visvesvaraya.
Call for the position of Project Associate-I for the project titled “Solid State Transformer Technology for Emerging Trends in Electric Mobility and DC Micro-Grid” under Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship.
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for two numbers of Project Associate-I for the project titled “Solid State Transformer Technology for Emerging Trends in Electric Mobility and DC Micro-Grid” under Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship funded by Indian National Academy of Engineering
- Project Associate-I
Position: Project Associate-I
Project Associate-I are required to work on the topics:
1) Integrated control of electric vehicle charging system using High Frequency Planar Magnetics and Wide Band Gap Devices.
2) Design of bi-directional, isolated and soft-switched converter for automotive and traction application.
3) Development of resilient Industrial DC back-up system for critical loads in industry and DC Microgrid.
Project Associate-I may also get an opportunity to register for Ph.D under the aegis of this project.
M.Tech/M.E. (GATE/CSIR-UGC NET qualified in past) in Power Electronics and Drives/ Power System/ Energy Systems and related specialization with thesis in the area of Power Electronics/Power System/Electric vehicles/renewables.
Analytical and experimental activities during M.Tech for the development in power electronics/power system with renewable sources having concluding understanding; knowledge of PCB design and experience with technical software/tools (such as PSIM, MATLAB, Code-composer) for the simulation studies, and microcontrollers.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- First two years (@ 31000/- + 16% HRA pm) and next one Year (@35000/- + 16% HRA)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit application in proper format (available online on institute website) and detailed curriculum vitae
• highlighting and describing the required exposures mentioned in desirable qualification
• at least two reference (phone no. and email id) including B.Tech and M.Tech thesis Supervisors
• abstract of Master’s thesis, and
• relevant certificates/evidences
through email to the Principal Investigator e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 8, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated through email by November 11, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will have to report for the in-person/ online interview and written test on November 15, 2021 (10:00AM) in Electrical Engineering Department, VNIT Nagpur.
Note:No TA/DA will be paid for to appear in interview. Decision of Director VNIT Nagpur will be the final in all respect
Application Submission Deadline November 08, 2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, S Ambazari Rd, Ambazari, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440010
For Additional Information
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Call for the position of Project Associate-I for the project titled “Solid State Transformer Technology for Emerging Trends in Electric Mobility and DC Micro-Grid” under Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship.(Last date of application: 15th Nov’21)
- Government Job Opportunity in Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
- Monthly Salary Rs.31,000 to Rs.35,000
- Job Opportunity for M.Tech/M.E. (GATE/CSIR-UGC NET qualified in past) in Power Electronics and Drives/ Power System/ Energy Systems and related specialization with thesis in the area of Power Electronics/Power System/Electric vehicles/renewables