Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur is one of the thirty National Institutes of Technology in the country. The Govt. of India conferred on the Institute, the Deemed to be University status (under University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956)) with effect from 26th June 2002. Subsequently, the Central Govt. by Act of Parliament (National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 (29 of 2007)) declared VNIT Nagpur as an Institute of National Importance along with all other NITs. The Act was brought into force from 15th August 2007. Earlier, the Institute was known as Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (VRCE). It was established in the year 1960 under the scheme sponsored by Govt. of India and Govt. of Maharashtra. The college was started in June 1960 by amalgamating the State Govt. Engineering College functioning at Nagpur since July 1956. In the meeting held in October 1962, the Governing Board of the College resolved to name it after the eminent engineer, planner, and statesman of the country Sir M.Visvesvaraya.
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the above mentioned Department of Science and Technology (DST-SERB) sponsored project.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Details of the Project
Call for the position of Two Junior Research Fellows for the DST-SERB Sponsored Research Project
Name of the Centre to be established: SERB Centre for Energy Transformation and Storage
Name of Scheme: Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas (IRHPA)
Title of Project: “Sustainable Technology for Smart Off-Grid Renewable Energy Transformation and Electrochemical Storage”
Number of Positions: Two
Job Profile: To design, develop and deploy the ac/dc microgrid with PV and Storage support based on Smart Solid State Transformer components. This project needs work to be completed in the area of power electronic converters
and their control.
1. M. Tech/M. E. in Electrical Engineering Department with specialization in Power Electronics/Electrical Drives/Power System/Energy System/Control System or equivalent.
2. Candidate should have qualified GATE in the past.
1. Candidate should have experimental knowledge in the hardware/control design of power electronic converters.
2. First division in UG and PG will be given preference.
3. Proficient in MATLAB, PSIM, PCB Design Software and Microcontroller/Digital Signal Controller. 4. Good analytical ability and competent in report writing,
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
First two years Rs. 31,000 p.m. (Consolidated) and Third year Rs. 35,000 (consolidated).
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit duly filled and signed application form in proper format (available online on institute website) and detailed Curriculum Vitae through email. Please stick to the deadlines mentioned below. Along with the application, candidates have to send (i) Two Reference Letters, and (ii Maximum One Page details on the skills and achievements
Submission deadline for Application Form (e-mail) Intimation to the Candidates for Written Test and Interview Written Test and Interview 04 Jun, 2022 04 Jun, 2022
Submission Deadline for Application Form 04 Jun, 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, S Ambazari Rd, Ambazari, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440010
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
- Monthly Salary First two years Rs. 31,000 p.m. (Consolidated) and Third year Rs. 35,000 (consolidated).
- Job Opportunity for M. Tech/M. E. in Electrical Engineering