The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) is the premier Institute of Banking Technology in India. Established by Reserve Bank of India in 1996, the Institute spearheads efforts in providing state-of-the-art technologies for the Indian Banking and Financial Sector. From creating Technology Infrastructure, engaging in quality Development and Research, to moulding the Technology Talent required for the Banking Sector, IDRBT enables the technology transformation of the Indian Banking and Financial Sector. IDRBT is the only Institute in the country exclusively focused on the niche area of Banking Technology.
Blockchain Technology has emerged as a popular platform for developing decentralised applications and data storage, over and beyond its role as a platform for cryptocurrencies. This platform’s central concept is that it enables the creation of a distributed and replicated ledger of events, transactions, and data generated by various IT processes, with strong cryptographic assurances of tamper resistance, immutability, and verifiability.
Even though blockchain technology is best recognized for its usage in the creation of cryptocurrencies like BitCoin and Ethereum, the blockchain platform offers a lot more potential in areas like time stamping, tracking critical events in a system, recording transactions, e-governance, etc. Hyperledger, Hashgraph, IOTA, and Corda are some of the versions that have improved the decentralisation possibilities in numerous applications.
Researchers are working to improve the requirements so that they can be used in a limited context. Key distribution, registry maintenance, health record management, land record management, self-sovereign identity management, decentralized authentication, decentralized DNS, and other use cases were also developed by the researchers. In addition, countries like India, Estonia, and the United Kingdom are building their own applications in a variety of disciplines. This workshop intends to encourage students, academics, and researchers from the industry to discuss their unique research work, projects, and knowledge base in this developing sector of technology.
- To discuss the current state of blockchain development and research in India and throughout the world.
- Disseminate blockchain technology knowledge among students, researchers, and academics. The ultimate purpose is to demonstrate technological progress.
Topics to be Covered
- Introduction to Blockchain Technology
- Role of Cryptography in Blockchain
- Privacy preservation of data in Blockchain
- Consensus Algorithms
- Use cases for Banking and finance, Regulatory landscape
- Hands-on a permissioned Blockchain platform
Who can Apply?
Students of UG or higher, Faculty Members, Researchers and people from industry.
- Students: Rs. 150/- (including GST)
- Others: Rs. 300/- (including GST)
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details.
If you are interested in participating in this virtual workshop, please Register here.
For any queries, please reach out to email@example.com or can call to the workshop volunteers on 9633177202 / 9970531350 / 9949211733.
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Research Areas of Interest, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Workshop Dates: February 16 – 17, 2022
- Last Date for Registration: February 09, 2022
- Announcement of selection: February 11, 2022
- Payment of fees by selected students: February 14, 2022
For Additional Information
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology , Castle Hills, Road No.1, Masab Tank, Hyderabad-500 057
- Online Workshop Programme Organized by Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology
- Learn About Security & Privacy in Blockchain
- Online Workshop Programme for Students of UG or higher, Faculty Members, Researchers and people from industry.