National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal is located in Mangalore City, Karnataka State, India. The Institute was established as Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC) in 1960, and upgraded as National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) in 2002. Mangalore is the headquarters of the coastal district of Dakshina Kannada, and boasts an important centre of education, business and trade in the state. Sri. U. Srinivasa Mallya, a visionary and a philanthropist, contributed immensely to the development of the coastal region of Karnataka, and his effort towards establishment of KREC (now NITK) is the most significant one. In recognition of his role as the founder and architect of the institute, the campus premises is named after him as Srinivasnagar.
Applications with complete biodata are invited for a temporary post of Two Junior Research Fellow to work under the research project funded under the “National Language Translation Mission” by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India. As a part of this role, the JRF will carry out cutting edge research in the area of speaker technologies. The work is carried out in collaboration with Indian Institute of Science will include data collection and development of robust speaker diariztaion systems for Indian languages. The JRF is expected to carry out high impact research, publish and present results in top conferences/workshops and journals in the area. Details follow.
The candidate is encouraged to apply for M.Tech (R)/Ph.D, at NITK, Surathkal.
- Junior Research Fellow
B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication OR Computer Science OR Electrical Engineering with focus in Signal Processing and/or Machine Learning – minimum 70% aggregate percentage or 7.0/10 CGPA. Programming skills in Python and familiarity with Machine Learning is a must
Age Limit: 28 years.
• ML programming using pytorch tensorflow
• Worked in the area of image and/or speech processing
• Familiarity with scripting languages
• Ability to work in a team, good communication skills and experience in experimental research for fabrication of setup
• INR 31000 per month (consolidated) + HRA (as per norms).
• The selected candidate will be appointed initially for one year (on contract) and the services will be extended for next year based on the performance review and is co-terminus with the project.
How to Apply
You are required to fill-up the basic details through a google form link:
Duly fill the application form (page 4 to 6 of this document, a doc format is available here ) and take a scan. This, along with the scan of other documents (given as a checklist in the last page of the application), create a compressed/zip file. Name the file as “yourFirstname_Lastname_JRF.zip”
Send the zip file as an email attachment to email@example.com with subject line “Application for JRF position NLTM_MEITY_EC-NITK” on or before 25th July 2022
Application Submission Deadline 25th July 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, NH 66, Srinivasnagar, Surathkal, Mangalore, Karnataka 575025
For Additional Information
- Junior Research Fellow Opportunity in National Institute of Technology Karnataka
- Salary INR 31000 per month (consolidated) + HRA (as per norms)
- Junior Research Fellow Opportunity for B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication OR Computer Science OR Electrical Engineering
🔖 Post Expires on 25th July 2022