The Government of West Bengal set up an expert committee on December 31, 1998, under the Chairmanship of Ashesh Prasad Mitra, Eminent Scientist to explore the necessity and scope for establishment of an Engineering / Technology University in the stste of West Bengal.The University came into operation formally with the assumption of the office of the first Vice Chancellor on January 15, 2001 as a sequel to the promulgation of THE WEST BENGAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2001, under West Bengal Act XV of 2000 passed by the West Bengal Legislature. The University started its academic programme, from July 16, 2001 following a Notification from the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal dated June 15, 2001 through the affiliation of Engineering and Management Institutions / Colleges and has entered the eighth year of its functioning. The University is included in Section 2F and also in Section 12B of UGC and recipient of UGC Grant.
The University invites online applications for the AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2021-22 for its in house departments. The detailed criteria for the award of fellowship are as follows:
- AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2021-22
- Eligibility: The candidate must have secured minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 or minimum 70% (69.5 % and above) marks or equivalent at both Bachelors and Masters. In addition to above, the candidate should have qualified GATE or NET during the last 5 years. For SC/ ST/ PH candidates, CGPA requirement will be 7.0 on the scale of 10 or 65% (64.5 % and above) marks or equivalent.
- Age limit: The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission in respective technical university. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST, women and physically challenged category.
- Duration of fellowship: 3 years and further one-year extension (In two slots of 6 months’ each) may be given by AICTE on the recommendation of the University based upon the performance of the scholar in the research work.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- The fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- pm for the first two years followed by Rs. 35,000/- pm for the third year. Contingency Grant will be admissible to the scholars at the rate of Rs.15, 000/- per annum to meet the miscellaneous expenditures.
How to Apply
- The last date to submit the online applications is Sep 20th, 2021.
- Please visit the PhD portal of the University for submitting the online applications.
- Read the instructions carefully to make payment of application fee of Rs 500/- and submission of online application.
- For any queries, please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org; Please mention subject in your email as –ADF related query.
- The fellow shall not undertake any paid assignment during the tenure of the fellowship. The fellow will be a full time PhD scholar.
- The interested candidates can apply in the in-house Departments of Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology and Microelectronics & VLSI under the ADF Research Centre, MAKAUT, WB.
- The selection will be based on an interview
Application Submission Deadline September 20th, 2021
Fellowship Location 🇮🇳
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Main Campus: NH 12, Haringhata, Post Office-Simhat, Police Station-Haringhata, Pin – 741249 City Campus: BF-142, Sector -I, Salt Lake, Kolkata -700 064
For Additional Information
- AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2021-22 Government Job Opportunity in Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
- Fellowship Salary Rs.31,000 to Rs.35,000
- AICTE Doctoral Fellowship 2021-22 Opportunity for Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology and Microelectronics & VLSI under the ADF Research Centre