The main campus of IIT Mandi is in Kamand valley. The village is located in Mandi Tehsil of Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh. The village is on the banks of Uhl- a tributary of the river Beas. Kamand is approximately 14 kms from Mandi town.
About EWOK EWOK (Enabling Women of Kamand valley) is an outreach unit and rural incubator of IIT Mandi (H.P.) established in 2016. Our vision
is to create an ecosystem of business and employment for and by the women of the villages of Kamand valley in Himachal Pradesh.
We are currently registered as a society in the district of Mandi in Himachal Pradesh.
About FPCs One of the main areas we are targeting is to increase income of the agrarian community in the district of Mandi starting with panchayats Kamand, Kataula, Katindi, Navlay, Batheri. We are involved in creating 3 Farmer Producer Companies (FPCs) with grant from NABARD.
Applications are invited for the post of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to work in a Farmer Producer Company promoted by EWOK and IIT Mandi with support from NABARD. Candidates who applied to our ad dated 16-July-2020, kindly re-apply.
For successfully running the FPCs we are inviting applications for the post of CEOs for 3 FPCs. Current positions: 03
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CEO should be a professional with a passion to work at the society’s grassroot and enhance livelihoods while advancing his /her own career. Should be willing to work in rural setup and travel.
Essential Qualification: Graduate degree or higher / equivalent diploma, in the preferred fields of Agri-business management/ Social work/ Rural Management / Social Entrepreneurship / Agricultural Science / Finance & Marketing. Age limit: Applicant should be less than 60 years.
Desirable: Computer literacy. Good written and spoken communication skills in English & Hindi. Familiarity with the greater Kamand region and local dialect. Experience working in rural setup especially business in agricultural space.
Job Description / Roles & Responsibilities
● Manage FPC successfully and profitably.
● Liaise with EWOK, IITMandi and NABARD and stakeholders for various activities
● Maintain communication with Promoting Institute in terms of regular communication, reports etc.
● Develop Business Plans, strategies & mobilize resources for the FPC.
● Explore and pursue opportunities to raise funds or finance options for the running of the FPC.
● Ensure maintenance of records for audit and other official purposes.
● Represent FPC at meetings, trade fairs, networking events.
Tenure: 1 year, extendable based on performance review by FPC Board and POPI.
Office location: EWOK Society Office, Salgi Main Road.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Rs. 12000/- to 15000/- (consolidated) initially. To be increased based on performance
How to Apply
The post is purely temporary and does not entitle the candidate to any permanent post at IIT Mandi or EWOK or NABARD.
Interested candidates who fulfil the criteria of essential qualifications and match the desirables can send their resume to below listed email address
by 27-Aug-2021 11:59pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be further notified via email or contact provided, regarding online interview.
In case of any queries please contact: Sandhya Menon ( email: email@example.com)
POPI Coordinator, EWOK, IIT Mandi, Himachal Pradesh -175075, India Note: EWOK has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be
called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience and/or higher criteria. No queries directed to IIT Mandi will be
entertained or responded to
Application Submission Deadline 27-Aug-2021 11:59pm
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi, Parashar Road, Tehsil Sadar, Near Kataula, Kamand, Himachal Pradesh 175005
EWOK (Enabling Women of Kamand valley), Salgi Main Road, P.O. Kamand, District Mandi, H.P -175005
For Additional Information
Applications are invited for the post Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at EWOK Project (Details)
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
- Monthly Salary Rs. 12000/- to 15000/- (consolidated)
- Job Opportunity for Graduate degree or higher / equivalent diploma, in the preferred fields of Agri-business management/ Social work/ Rural Management / Social Entrepreneurship / Agricultural Science / Finance & Marketing.