The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu was inaugurated on 6th August 2016, and welcomed the first batch of students into the campus in Paloura, Jammu. In the initial phases, the establishment of IIT Jammu was done under the mentorship of IIT Delhi. In 2018, IIT Jammu shifted the primary operations to the Main Campus in Jagti, Nagrota. The State Government, Jammu and Kashmir has provided land for the establishment of a permanent campus of the Indian Institute of Technology in Jammu, which consists of 400 acres. Currently the Phase 1 A of the main campus, spread across 25 acres, is operational. Phase 1 B and 1 C are undergoing construction. The campus in Paloura currently houses the PhD scholars and is being developed into a high-end research facility.
Walk-in interview (through Video Conferencing mode) on January 20, 2022 to work as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position in a research project funded by SERB
The interested applicants are invited to appear in a walk-in interview through Video Conferencing (VC) mode (the invite link will be sent by email on the date of interview) to be held at IIT Jammu on January 20, 2022 for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on the R&D project titled “Binomial Edge Ideals” sanctioned by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi. The JRF will be appointed initially for one year (on contract) and based on the performance the position can be considered for extension of one more year at the end of first year
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) M.Sc. (Mathematics) with GATE/NET Knowledge in basics of Commutative Algebra. Initially for one year (on contract) and based on the performance the position can be considered for extension of one more year at the end of first year
Eligibility for appearing in the walk-in interview (through VC mode):
- M. Sc. in Mathematics with NET/GATE. The candidates with higher qualifications such as M.Phil./Ph.D. in Mathematics may be exempted from NET/GATE.
- At least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical
institute/university as a full- time program.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Rs. 31, 000/-(per month) + 16% HRA
How to Apply
All the applicants interested to participate in the selection process (through VC mode) are advised to email their detailed bio-data along with scanned copy of all supporting documents such as educational certificates from 10th onwards, proof of date of birth, proof of experience
(if any), e.g., summaries of projects done and experience certificate of previous projects, and certificate of qualifying national test like NET/GATE etc., to : email@example.com latest by January 19, 2022.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of information and of the documents.
- Applicants in employment (private, government or any other organization) are required to
submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview.
Walk-in interview date (through VC mode): January 20, 2022
Walk in Interview January 20, 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Technology Jammu, NH-44, Nagrota, Jagti, Jammu and Kashmir 181221
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Technology Jammu
- Monthly Salary Rs. 31, 000/-(per month) + 16% HRA
- Junior Research Fellow Job Opportunity for B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering