Established in 2015, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Palakkad is dedicated to creating an environment that enables students and faculty to engage in the pursuit of knowledge, dream, think and innovate to become a change agent for a better world. Celebrated as a major granary of Kerala, Palakkad is the gateway to the State, from the East in the form of the nearly 40-kilometre break in the Western Ghats, called the Palakkad Gap. The Centre for Industry Collaboration & Sponsored Research (IC&SR) in IIT Palakkad has been set up in July 2018 to promote, facilitate, coordinate and administer all the sponsored and consultancy projects of the Institute. IC&SR functions as the interface between the faculty and external funding agencies (government and private agencies), both national and international.
Application invited from the eligible candidates for the Post of Senior Project Engineer /System Administrator for the following vacancies.
IIT Palakkad is a NSM (National Supercomputing Mission) Nodal Centre for Training in HPC and AI. As a Nodal Centre, we are tasked with training people (faculty, researchers, industry persons, and students) to use HPC and AI based technologies and techniques to solve the challenges they are excited about, and of national importance. To manage the HPC and other system related activities, we are hiring a Senior Project Engineer/System Administrator. The position is purely temporary for six months and may be extended depending on the project fund availability.
- Senior Project Engineer /System Administrator
MCA/BE/B.Tech (CS/IT) or Equivalent with First Class from a recognised university.
At least 5 years experience in Linux System Administration with domain specific expertise in one or more areas (1) Linux with RHCE certification or (2) Linux with HPC sysadmin experience (High Performance Computing systems, Large scale distributed storage servers or Parallel file systems).
- The following are the primary tasks
- Maintaining the HPC with high uptime
- HPC queue management and policies
- Managing HPC software licenses and user accounts management.
- Managing HPC storage and networking.
- Support for NSM training and other related activities.
- Overall system administration duties
- Helping users in fundamental programming, compiling and executions, debugging etc.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Salary Rs. 50000/- + HRA
How to Apply
Candidates satisfying the required qualification and experience may send their resumes to “email@example.com”. The subject of the application e-mail should be Application for Senior Project Engineer/System Administrator (CET). The resumes should reach the email ID latest by February 25, 2022, 17:00 hours.
Application Submission Deadline February 25, 2022, 17:00 hours.
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad,
Pudussery West, Kanjikode,
Palakkad, Kerala – 678 623
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
- Monthly Salary Rs. 50000/- + HRA
- Senior Project Engineer /System Administrator Opportunity for MCA/BE/B.Tech (CS/IT)