The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a public, deemed, research university for higher education and research in science, engineering, design, and management. It is located in Bengaluru, in the Indian state of Karnataka. The institute was established in 1909 with active support from Jamsetji Tata and thus is also locally known as the “Tata Institute”. It was granted the deemed to be university status in 1958 and the Institute of Eminence status in 2018. IISc aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions through the pursuit of excellence in research and promotion of innovation by offering world-class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare.
The Centre for infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning (CiSTUP) at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore invites applications for Python programmer.
Online applications are invited from excellent academic record and relevant work experience for recruitment to the Python programmer post
- Python programmer
- Qualifications: Preferably from computer science, electrical engineering, optimization, mathematics, mobility/transportation systems engineering background.
- Skillset: Strong programming skills in Python. Experience with version control tools such as Git and GitHub. Participation in hackathons/Contributor to Stack Overflow/Kaggle is an added advantage. Prior experience with modelling and simulation in mobility/transportation domain is preferred. Working knowledge of geospatial analysis and open street maps (OSM) data is highly desirable. Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a part of a team. Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Responsibilities: Understand models and algorithms used for congestion prediction in multi-modal transportation systems. Code, test, and profile these algorithms. Write reports and documents detailing the work undertaken and help production teams integrate them in software
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Salary: Dependent on experience, qualifications, and hiring level
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit applications through online mode only by completing the Application Form and uploading copies of all required certificates.
Please fill this application if you are interested in a research position involving Python programming for a project on city-scale modeling of traffic and congestion.
Apply here before 15 May 2022: Please fill out the Google Form
Application Submission Deadline 15 May 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012, Karnataka
For Additional Information
Indian Institute of Science The Institute is seeking applications from individuals for the following Python programmer posts recruitment
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Science
- The Remuneration for the position is Dependent on experience, qualifications, and hiring level
- Python programmer Job Opportunity for Preferably from computer science, electrical engineering, optimization, mathematics, mobility/transportation systems engineering