The is a public, deemed, research university for higher education and research in science, engineering, design, and management. It is located in Bengaluru, in the Indian state of Karnataka. The institute was established in 1909 with active support from Jamsetji Tata and thus is also locally known as the “Tata Institute”. It was granted the deemed to be university status in 1958 and the Institute of Eminence status in 2018. IISc aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions through the pursuit of excellence in research and promotion of innovation by offering world-class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore invites applications for the following Project staff positions in the aerosol research. The details are as follows
Divecha Centre for Climate Change (DCCC), Indian Institute of Science invites application for Project Assistant/Project Associate-1 to support various aerosol research activities of the department. We seek candidates to support the ongoing aerosol measurement work, as well as computational work in the aerosol laboratory. More details about aerosol research at DCCC are available at http://dccc.iisc.ac.in/research.html.
- Project staff positions for aerosol research
- Project Assistant
- Project Associate-1
• Project Assistant: B.Sc./ 3 years Diploma in Engineering &Technology
Project Associate-1: Master’s Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences/ MVSc or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MATLAB/Python/FORTRAN or similar other languages/softwares.
• Understanding climate science, atmospheric processes, and aerosols is an advantage.
• Willingness to learn different instruments, new skills and software to support field measurements and computational activities in the aerosol laboratory.
• Willingness to work in a large group and support other group members in their research activities.
• Undertake travel to the field stations for a period of a few days to a few weeks.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
• Project Assistant: 20,000/- + HRA. Increment of 15% for 3 years of experience with maximum ceiling of 4 such revisions, i.e., up to 12 years of experience.
• Project Associate-1: (i) 31,000/- + HRA to scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and
(ii) 25,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
How to Apply
To apply please send
• A cover letter.
• A 2-page CV indicating the subjects undertaken at university, grades, previous job experiences and skills.
• A statement (within 150 words) on why you are interested in this position.
All these documents should be sent as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date for Application Submission is 30 November 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012, Karnataka
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Science
- Salary Rs 20,000/- to 31,000/-
- Project Assistant and Project Associate Job Opportunity for Master’s Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences/ MVSc or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology
🔖 Post Expires on 30th November 2022