IIEST, Shibpur (Erstwhile “Bengal Engineering College”) ranks 27th in NIRF-2021 among Engineering Institutes. It is the first college to become Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) in India in 2014. The Institute has a rich history. It is empowering the nation since 1856. Considering the year of establishment, it is the 3rd engineering college in India but considering the year of graduation it is the 2nd oldest engineering college in India. It has 16 departments and 8 schools. It has over 250 faculty members and a student strength of over 4000.
The project will give exposure and expertise to a candidate interested in pursuing further research in the field of computational mechanics. Interested candidates are requested to apply through Google form only (See note 1) for the following temporary post in the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, Howrah.
Project on: ”Development of a numerical method to predict loading history from a given shape of a one-dimensional structure.”
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Essential Qualification: M.Tech. in Civil / Mechanical /Electrical Engineering selected through GATE.
Desirable Qualification: Fair proficiency in coding (Python/MATLAB) and numerical simulation involving solid mechanics problems
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Fellowship: Rs. 31,000.00/- per month (Consolidated).
How to Apply
Venue of the interview: Department of Civil Engineering, IIEST, Shibpur, Howrah-711103
Date of Interview: The interview date will be notified via email to the short-listed candidates.
- Softcopies of the credentials, biodata, and other information should be uploaded through the Google form using this link: – https://forms.gle/buZZwnja4n3z8U2T9 within 15 days of the date of publication of the advertisement.
- The List of the short-listed candidates will be uploaded to the website.
- Further instructions for the candidates short-listed for interview will be sent through email/mobile/institute website.
- No TA / DA will be paid for attending for interview.
Application Submission Deadline within 15 days
Job Location 🇮🇳
Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology (IIEST) Shibpur, Botanic Garden, Dist: Howrah, West Bengal, India – 711103
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology (IIEST), Shibpur
- Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 31,000.00/- per month (Consolidated).
- Job Opportunity for M.Tech. in Civil / Mechanical /Electrical Engineering selected through GATE.
🔖 Post Expires on 26th July 2022