Research on Oil Palm under irrigated conditions is practically a new start and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research established the National Research Centre for Oil Palm ( later renamed as Directorate of Oil Palm Research) at Pedavegi in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh on February 19,1995. In November 2014, the institute was upgraded as Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research (IIOPR) to cater to oil palm research requirements across the country. IIOPR serves as a centre for conducting and coordinating research on all aspects of oil palm conservation, improvement, production, protection, post-harvest technology and transfer of technology.
It is proposed to conduct Interview through virtual/on campus interview at ICAR-IIOPR, Pedavegi for the temporary position of Young Professional-I (02 posts) as detailed below:
Name of the project: Production and distribution of quality planting material in oil palm (Revolving Fund Scheme)
- Young Professional-I
Position: Young Professional-I
Essential: Graduate having Biotechnology/ Botany/Zoology/ Biochemistry/Chemistry.
Desirable: Candidates having experience in tissue culture and molecular marker techniques in palms will be preferred.
For one year or coterminus with the project.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Young Professional-I Rs.25,000/-per month (consolidated)
How to Apply
- Interested and eligible candidates may attend Interview (virtual/on campus interview) for the post of YP-I on 08.09.2021 by 10.00 AM at ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research, Pedavegi, West Godavari District along with Original certificates and Application Form in the enclosed format.
- Duly filled in Application Form should be submitted in the enclosed format alongwith soft copies of certificates through online via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through post to “The Director, ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research, Pedavegi-534450, West Godavari District (A.P.)” so as to reach this office on or before 04.09.2021
- Soft copies of list of publications should be enclosed in a separate sheet alongwith the certificates of educational qualifications.
- Age limit: Minimum 21 years and Maximum 45 years with relaxation as per rules as on the date of interview and age relaxation will be allowed as per Rules in force for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates.
- In case, if already employed, submit No Objection Certificate from the present employer.
- Place of work will be at ICAR-IIOPR, Pedavegi, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
- The above position is purely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project. The ICAR-IIOPR, Pedavegi will have no liabilities, whatsoever for their absorption at this Institute.
- Applications received after the due date for whatsoever the reason including postal delays will not be entertained.
- The period and duration of the scheme is tentative and is liable to be revised/curtailed as per availability of funds.
- Decision of the Director, ICAR-IIOPR, Pedavegi is final and binding in all respects.
Application Submission Deadline 04.09.2021
Job Location 🇮🇳
ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research, Pedavegi – 534 450, West Godavari Dist, Andhra Pradesh
For Additional Information
- Government Job Opportunity in ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research
- Monthly Salary Rs.25,000
- Job Opportunity for Biotechnology/ Botany/Zoology/ Biochemistry/Chemistry