Five Day Virtual Workshop Certification & Standardization Practices for Safe & Secure Automotive and Healthcare Systems Organized By School of Management, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal www.nitk.ac.in & LDRA www.ldra.com
Understanding the key technology trends and best practices in Automotive and Healthcare Systems is essential for developing dependable systems which assure safety and security.
This workshop explains practical aspects of building the systems safe & secure by design and addresses associated functional safety and cybersecurity standards. It also addresses the benefits of accomplishing the verification objectives using an automated tool.
To ensure industry readiness for academia across these sectors, the workshop concludes with remarks on enhancing the required skillsets through focused sessions by industry leaders on career planning in today’s volatile world.
Please note : All 5-day attendance is mandatory to get a participation certificate.
Topics to be Covered
This programme will cover the following topics:
◆ Day 1 Market Dynamics
◆ Day 2 Standards
◆ Day 3 Best Practices for Safety-critical V&V – Part 1
◆ Day 4 Best Practices for Safety-critical V&V – Part 2
◆ Day 5 Career Tips
Day 1: Market Dynamics
Key Technology Trends in Automotive & Healthcare
• Interdependence of Safety and Security
• SDLC Vs. SSDLC (Secure Software Development Life Cycle)
Day 2: Standards
The role of process standards on safety-critical application development
• Automotive [ISO 26262, ISO/SAE FDIS 21434, SAE J3061]
• Medical [IEC 62304, ISO 14971, FDA/AAMI Guidelines]
Day 3: Best Practices for Safety-critical V&V – Part 1
An introduction to Verification and Validation
• Requirements Verification and establishment of Vertical traceability
• Design Verification
• Coding Standards for safe and secure coding [CERT, MISRA, CWE]
• Top 10 Secure Coding Best Practices with Examples
• Top 10 Most Dangerous Programming Errors with Examples
Day 4: Best Practices for Safety-critical V&V – Part 2
• Dynamic analysis
• Unit/integration/System tests
• Structural Coverage Measurement
• Measuring the Control couples and Data Couples
• Target Testing
• Requirement Based Testing (RBT) and establishment of horizontal traceability
Day 5: Career Tips
Building a successful engineering career in today’s volatile world.
• Career planning
• Case Study: LDRA Academic Alliance Program – A game changer!
Who can Apply?
The workshop is open to students, research scholars, academicians and practitioners interested in software certification and standardization practices. Participation is free and registration will be based on a first come first served basis.
◆ Participation is free
How to Apply
◆ Candidate should submit an online application by clicking the Apply Online. Participants need to fill up the online application form by using the link given below with all the required details.
The workshop will be free to the audience. Participants must, however, register for the workshop through the registration link – https://tinyurl.com/NITworkshop
Procedure for Registration
- Fill in Applicants Information, Personal Information, Institutional Information, Email, Contact Number and Corresponding Address.
- The Star Marked details are mandatory (*).
- Check Summary Page before submission.
- Last date for registration is 30th July 2021.
- Event date 2nd – 6th August 2021
For Additional Information
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, NH 66, Srinivasnagar
- Five Day Virtual Workshop Training Programme Organized by National Institute of Technology Karnataka
- Learn About Advanced Safe & Secure Automotive and Healthcare Systems
- Five Day Virtual Workshop Programme for Faculties/ research scholars/ PG students and Industry employees