Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – Hyderabad campus is one of the premier technical and science institutes of higher learning in India. It was established by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (Rajasthan) as one of its latest campuses in the year 2008 with the first batch graduating in the year 2012. BITS, Pilani is one of India’s top technical and science universities established under Sec. 3 of the UGC act. The campus is built with state-of-the-art infrastructure without affecting the scenic beauty of the area. Modern laboratories, well-furnished classrooms, lecture theatre complexes, student activity center, auditorium, playground and modern ICT infrastructure, all come together to make BITS Pilani, Hyderabad campus a well-equipped campus.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) [1 No] to work on the following project sponsored by Department of Science & Technology (DST), under the supervision of Dr. Raghu Piska, Department of Civil Engineering, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad campus.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Details of the Project
Title of the project: Computational modeling of damage in solids
Duration of the project: 5 years
Project position and number: JRF (1 position)
Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
• Masters degree in Civil Engineering preferably with Structural Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering specialization, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Applied Mechanics with minimum of 70% or 7 CGPA.
• Bachelors degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering with excellent academic profile are also eligible to apply.
• Candidates with any Masters degree having experience in working with Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Finite Element Analysis and Programming are also eligible to apply.
• Candidates with a valid GATE score will be given preference.
• Age limit: 30 years.
Minimum Monthly Remuneration
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Fellowship amount
- Rs. 28,000 (consolidated) per month for first two years,
- Rs. 32,000 (consolidated) per month for the next three years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates with the above mentioned qualification can send the detailed curriculum vitae (CV) along with research experience and published research papers if any, by 28th January 2022, to the Principal Investigator, Dr. Raghu Piska via email: email@example.com with the subject of the email as “Application for JRF for a DST funded project”. Please note that only qualified and suitable candidates will be called for interview to be held online in the first week of February 2022. Based on the performance, selected candidate may be permitted to register for Ph.D programme of BITS, Pilani, in the subsequent semester subject to the fulfillment of the requirements
Application Submission Deadline 28th January 2022
Job Location 🇮🇳
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Hyderabad Campus, Jawahar Nagar, Kapra Mandal, Medchal District – 500 078, Hyderbad, Telangana
For Additional Information
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) [1 No] to work on the following project sponsored by Department of Science & Technology (DST)
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Senior Research Fellow (SRF) Opportunity in Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani
- Monthly Salary Rs28,000 to Rs.32,000
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Opportunity for Civil Engineering preferably with Structural Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering specialization, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Applied Mechanics