The erstwhile Regional Engineering College (REC) Rourkela was converted to a deemed university and renamed as National Institute of Technology, Rourkela on 26th June, 2002. It was declared as An Institution of National Importance through the parliament act on 15th August 2007. The institute has made a rapid stride in earning a reputation as a place of higher learning in the field of engineering as well as technology during the last decade. NIT Rourkela provides quality education in a diverse and multicultural environment. The mission of the institute is to meet the needs of the industry and commerce by providing human resource with the required knowledge and skill and also by promoting, dissemination, developing and transferring technology. The institute strives hard to become an internationally acclaimed institution of higher learning that will serve as a source of knowledge and expertise for the society and be a preferred destination for undergraduate as well as post graduate students along with advanced research.
Workshop On Additive Manufacturing: Knowledge and Skill Development towards Industry 4.0 (AM-KSD 2023) During 10th June – 14th June 2023 Being organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering National Institute of Technology Rourkela, Odisha-769008
- The workshop will cover but is not limited to the following topics:
- History of Additive Manufacturing (AM): Journey from 3D to 7D
- Advanced welding techniques to support additive manufacturing, Friction Stir Additive Manufacturing (FSAM) vs. Friction Surfacing Additive Manufacturing (FSAM)
- Rapid Prototyping (RP) vs. additive manufacturing, Polymer and metal based AM, Liquid/ Solid based AM systems, Powder based AM systems and Characterization of feedstock powders, Direct Energy Deposition (DED)
- Post-processing, Defects, Inspection and Future prospects, various in-situ and ex-situ techniques, heat treatment
- Additive manufacturing of sustainable construction materials
- Software used for Additive manufacturing
- Characterization and performance evaluation of additively manufactured industrial product
- Nano-additive manufacturing
Who can Apply?
Faculty members, Research scholars, PG students, Industry personnel, Technical Staffmembers of different academic institutes are eligible to apply for the workshop.
Faculty members and Technical Staff-members
from academia: Rs. 3,000/-
Research scholars and PG students: Rs. 2000/-
Industry person: Rs. 10,000/-
How to Apply
Interested participants are required to send the hardcopy of the Registration Form through Airmail. DD should be drawn in favor of:
Account Name: CONTINUING EDUCATION NIT ROURKELA
Payable Bank and branch: SBI, NIT Campus,
Account No.: 10138951784
Registration Form can also be downloaded from the institute website.
- Last date for registration is 31st May 2023.
- Event date 10th– 14th June, 2023
For Additional Information
Organizer Information 🇮🇳
National Institute of Technology Rourkela , Bisra Road Jindal Colony, Udit Nagar, Rourkela, Odisha 769001
- Five Day Workshop Training Programme Organized by National Institute of Technology Rourkela
- Learn About Additive Manufacturing
- Five Day Workshop Training Programme for research scholars (M. Tech. and PhD)
🔖 Post Expires on 31th May 2023